What is love

Hopes POV

I collapsed into Sabal's arms. Even tho his body was broken and his soul was in pain he still held me and looked at me with so much love.

I looked into his broken eyes and still saw nothing but love.

For so long we sat that way not saying a single word.

"Darling, I'm weak and tired, please, come to bed with me"

He said as his eyes stared down at me with grief.

"Where is Jai" I said with wonder.

"Darling, Jai is a hero"

He didn't have to say anything more before I knew what he meant was that Jai had died in the war.

I hung my head and walked to the bed with sorrow and guilt as the strong man slowly followed behind.

"Will you hold me?" I said to Sabal as he climbed into bed with me.

He didn't answer but he pulled me close to him as I laid my head on his chest.

Morning soon came and Sabal was still asleep with his arm over his face and his other arm rested on his stomach. Just like he always sleeps.

I stared at him as his chest rose up and down gently.

I whispered his name ever so softly to see if he still heard me in his sleep.

"Sabal" I whispered in the most quiet tone of voice.

"Mmm?" He moaned softly through his still lips.

I didn't say a word as we laid silently listening to the birds outside the window.

Not too long after he got up in silence and walked to the kitchen.

His body was still bruised and the dried blood still stained his tan skin.

He made our food and he glanced at me from behind his coffee cup.

"Did you wish to shower in the falls with me darling?" He said as his smile grew from ear to ear.

I loved how he hid his pain, but I also wanted him to talk about it with me, he never did, he kept it inside where I was spared the anxiety of his grief.

We were soon at the falls and he looked down at me as our soap laid on a rock next to us.

"May I?" He said as he looked down at my shirt.

I nodded my head and I gently tried to remove his.

He chuckled as he first removed his.

"You just wanna see my body" he said as he jokingly covered his chest with his hands lifting his head in a pout.

I giggled as he slowly lifted my shirt revealing my body which was so much smaller than his.

He looked down with a smile. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asked as he gently traced all my scars with his manly hands.

He handed me a bar of soap with a smile. "You can wash yourself where you wanna wash and I will get your back deal?" He said as my face was red with shyness.

I gently washed between my legs trying not to fantasize about him touching me. And I could feel his gentle hands slowly washing my back.

I turned around quick in thought.

"You are my hero, Sabal" I said looked up at him.

He looked down at me with a smile. "I made a promise, a man keeps his promises my dear" he said as he gently booped my nose.

"Please, let me clean the blood" I said as I lathered up a rag.

"Well if you must" he said as he turned around moving his hair revealing his bruised and bloody back.

He didn't flinch a bit as I ran the rag across his skin gently. I couldn't help but drop the rag lathering my hands with the soap and proceeding to wash his body with my bare hands. I watched in amazement as the blood trickled off his beaten body and colored the water around us red.

The steam that rose from his beautiful skin was satisfying. I could feel every tension in his body relax as I felt the surface of his manly skin.

Before I knew it Sabal turned around and kissed me. He looked down at me and smiled showing his beautiful dimples.

"I think I'm in love with you Sabal" I said as I stared up at the beautiful man.

"Darling, love is such a strong word" he said as he held me against his body. I blushed as I felt his bulge against my crotch but I hid my shyness.

He kissed my nose and lifted my chin with his manly hands. "There is plenty of time before we are ready to say I love you" he continued as he tan his fingers through my hair gently washing it.

"Until than, darling, you need to heal"

I lowered my head and held my hands in front of me as the strong man behind me washed my hair. He was totally right.

I spoke again. "Sabal?" I said in a low whisper.

"Mmm?" His moaned from behind me.

"What is love?"

I could sense his smile from behind me. As he reached in front of me with the soap. "May I" he asked before he touched my chest.

"Go ahead" I said with a shy voice as my face turned red again.

"Love is a bond between 2 people that is never broken, love is when 2 people are ready to completely share their soul with each other, and even in death that love is never ever broken, love is when both of those people are completely sure that they can tell completely trust each other with their life"

He explained as he gently washed my boobs with his bare hands.

Still even when he washed my chest he didn't do it in a sexual way and that gave me such comfort.

"How will we know when we love each other" I said as with that he spun me around to face him.

"Darling, your heart will tell you when the right time is" he said as he scrunched his nose up in a smile.

"Until than, sweaty, we need to get to know each other more before we call what we have love"