The Fallen Man

Hopes POV

The Forrest tribes all gathered in the arrival of the dead from the Nordic lands. The women who stayed behind stood with me in silence as the dead were marched on the backed of horses.

There were 5 of our men who died and 10 of the Nordic men who had died. Our men had came back on horses and the Nordic men stayed in the mountains.

Just as the final horse passed every women and man started savagely crying and rushing to the side of the horse. I pushed my way to the front of the women and men and was horrified to see the body of my love laying dead upon the horse. He was stiff and blue with death and his eyes were completely shut. I screamed a scream of horror and violently sobbed within my hands.

Nobody noticed my sorrow as I ran to the falls where we made love.

I stood upon the highest cliff and fell to my knees looking to the skies above.

Screaming at the top of my lungs I cried out to my god and to my fallen love.

"MY GOD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME, MY LOVE WHY HAVE YOU LEFT ME!!" I got no answer from the heavens and hung my head as I counted each tear that fell from my eyes watching them soak into the rock I sit on.

I slowly stepped to the edge of the cliff and said a prayer.

"Dear lord Morpheus, please forgive me for what I am about to do but I have nothing left to live for if I do not have the one I love by my side, there for I hand my soul to you and hope to rest within the stars for all eternity"

With my prayer set within my soul, I traced a heart upon my chest and purposely jumped in a belly splat knowing the force would kill me or drown me once I hit the water below.

I fell hundreds of feet and closed my eyes on the way down.

Hitting the water I instantly lost my breath and fell deep within. As I sank I was too paralyzed to move and choked on the water that rapidly entered my lungs.

I regretted my choice as I began to violently gasp for air but I couldn't make it to the top of the water.

My life began to flash before my eyes and all I could see was the face of my love within the sting of my own dying soul.

He came to me in bursts of visions and than left coming back after.

I saw his beautiful dimples which held his perfect dimples. His tan sun kissed skin held me in his arms and the warmth it gave I could remember so clearly.

I remembered when we danced under the stars with the other men and when I saw him in my dreams as the beautiful wolf that was his soul.

"Sabal!!" I cried out in my visions but he was so so far away.

He spoke to me but I couldn't hear his words, he reached out his arms to me but I couldn't reach him.

He turned to me and hung his head as he turned around and walked away.

I begged him to come back but our souls seemed so distant. How could I do this to him? I asked myself as I was all alone within my death.

Before my eyes was a man I recognized. A man with stars in his eyes. He looked at me with a disappointed frown and opened a book within his godly hands.

"My sweet, broken child, you have chosen death as you believe your love has died, you were mistaken as your love returned moments after you ran so quick to end your life, as you lay dying in the falls, your love is frantically searching for you as he has won the battle for you"

I looked to my god and began crying again.

"My Sabal is alive, take me back I'm sorry!!" I sobbed violently.

My god pulled out a crystal ball and showed me the frantic search my love was doing. He ran through the woods calling my name with joy but he couldn't find me.

Just than I saw Sabal run to my lifeless body pulling me from the water with great strength. He was holding my body in his arms and crying violently as he breathed air into my lungs. He held my face and continued to give me all of his breath but my vision of him soon faded.

"Morpheus, I beg of you bring me back" I cried once more but it was too late.

Morpheus flicked the pages of my book receiving my whole life's journey and once it got to part where I jumped it wasn't even half way through the book of me when he violently slammed it closed with a thunderous bang.

Just than I was slammed back into my body and I began to violently cough up water.

I opened my eyes and saw the sweet, beautiful, crying face of Sabal who was breathing heavy from the breath that he gave me. He looked at me with worry and grief.

"Hope, why would you do this to me" the beautiful man said as he held my body tight within his strong arms.

"I saw a dead man who looked like you, I thought you had died, and I couldn't bare to live without you" I said as he sobbed against my body.

He wiped his tears and looked down at me not saying another word.

With that he picked me up and carried me back to the house.