Dixons, Wounded Sheriffs, And Squirrels

Freya's POV

Fuck, it's hot. Atlanta is too hot, it makes hell jealous.

I'm walking down this road in a neighborhood. Nice neighborhood actually.
I see a walker.

Walker? Odd name for dead ones right?
I met this man and his son a week ago, they called these things walkers, the name stuck to my mind. 

I unsheath one of my Tanto blades and walk up to the walker, kick its knee in and stick the blade through its brain, ending it's dead reign and letting its soul be free. I pull the blade out and wipe the blood on the Walker's shirt. I quickly turn when I hear more stumbling steps. Five walkers.
"Shit!" I say, I run into the woods. I can take 3 walkers. But 5!? Hell to the no!

I continue running, not caring about keeping my steps quiet, and I keep my ears open for anything. Dead or alive.
I slowly stop when I hear the string of a bow.

 People, alive.

"Come on little brother. Catch 'em damn squirrels!" A southern voice drawls out, I peek out from the tree I'm hiding behind and see two older guys. Dangerous.
"Shut up, Merle. You wanna go an' get yourself dinner, go ahead!" The one with the crossbow says, aiming at a squirrel, he's going to miss. He's not loosening up. I sign the name Merle in the ASL alphabet. I look back and see them glaring at each other.
"We should get back to camp soon. The dumb blonde bitch said-" The bald one, who I guess is Merle, pauses when I accidentally step on a twig. Fuck.

I look for a way out so maybe I won't be seen. I take longer than I thought.
"Hi there lil girly! Whatchu doin out here in these woods? Shouldn't ya be playin with barbies somewhere" 'Merle' says, grabbing my arm and yanking me out from behind the tree. 
"Fuck off" I say, smacking his hand so hopefully he might let go.
"Oooh weee! We got us a feisty one here, Darylina" 'Merle' says, letting go of my arm, the other man just grunts and watches me. He's reading.

"Let's get back" Merle says, turning away and leaving. Before leaving the other man hands me something.
"Ya dropped it" He grumbles, turning around and leaving. I look at what he gave me. My neon sticky notes!
"Thank you, Mr. Crossbow" I say, he continues walking, not even glancing back.
I look around and see a squirrel, I grab my slingshot, kneel down, grab a tiny rock, put it in the stretchy rope and aim.

Steady.

I breathe out and let go.

Target hit.

I go and grab the squirrel, quickly walking to follow the men, taking out squirrels along the way.

3rd Person POV 

"Ya know she gonna follow us, right?" Daryl says, Merle nods the smug look that never leaves his face.
"She one of 'em military kids. See the dog tags around her neck. Rusty, had too many chips in it. Probably her grandpappy's. She seems the curious type" Merle says, Daryl nods.
"She had a slingshot and some weird ass knives on 'er" Daryl says, looking down at the ground for tracks.
"Seems more interestin than the other kiddies at camp. Always whining for their mama's. Surprised that Carl boy still ain't bein breast fed" Merle complains, Daryl just nods, not even listenin to his brother's nonsense.

The Dixon brothers get back to camp and start skinning the kills they got, not noticing the 11 year old girl placing 6 squirrels to a tree and attaching a neon pink sticky note to the squirrels.

_________________________

Freya's POV 

After leaving the squirrels I quickly leave.
Those two seem nice….. just intimidating.
I saw so many people….. Too much socializing.