Sorry

HELLO HELLO HELLO.

CJ here. Yes, the raunchy co-writer (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

If you're reading this, happy belated New Year's.

We made it to 2023!

Now, back to business.

So, if you have been reading the story for awhile, then you might've noticed last year that not much was posted...

Anyway, last year was actually really scary... Starting from March to August or September.

Oh my baby Norse gods, I haven't talked about how I feel on this crap. But you guys deserve to know.

So, in March, my dad was in the hospital for about, two weeks.

Came home, blah blah blah, so on and so forth, a few more things came up.

Then came Easter! One of my favorite holidays, by the way. For some reason, I love the idea of a giant rabbit leaving treats behind and hiding eggs🤣

...my dad had to go to the ER the day before Easter. On Easter, he had to be transferred to a hospital an hour away. I swear, he sat in the ER for three hours until his foot exploded.

On Easter, he lost his pinky toe (Osteomyelitis decided to hide out like an assassin in the shadows) then they realized that wasn't working, so they cut off the rest of his toes and a part of his foot.

He was able to keep his heel and ankle, so he didn't lose his foot, just most of it. Like 60%.

Oh, fun fact, he also got put on a ventilator! His lungs ended up collapsing also a few days after being ventilated, so he had to stay on it longer.

It's not the first time he's been ventilated. He's been ventilated about five or six times. I've only been alive to see three of them.

Honestly though, seeing him like that now that I'm older and understand things better... It was way different then when I saw him when I was 4 and 6. Way different.

Anyway, 2 and a half weeks later, dad got off the ventilator and came home a while later. Honestly, everything is kind of colliding so I don't exactly remember when he got to come home, I just know it was a good amount of time.

Then summer break starts, he goes to the hospital about 4-5 times during summer break, and only twice after school started again. Being care flighted only once.

My brother actually did really good. He went to the ER with our parents. I stayed home and did my schoolwork cause if dad got care flighted again, I wanted to be slightly ahead🤣

The amount of TWD marathons I watched while dad was in the hospital should be concerning😂

But The Walking Dead has literally been my comfort show since the beginning. It reminded me of when I was younger and I'd watch the show while dad was in medical prison (Yes, that is what I actually call hospitals).

The amount of pain in my heart when it ended🤣

But, most of the chapters written or edited by me were done in a hospital waiting room.

My dad is home. Hopefully never going back to the hospital this year.

Anyway, enough of that.

I really want to continue on helping with this story, I do. So freakin' much. But everytime I open the document and start typing... I just remember sitting in that waiting room, wondering if a doctor was gonna come out and tell us something worse. It's just too much, more than I'd like to admit, honestly.

And I was honestly the main one trying to keep it going.

I'm so, so, so sorry.

But, I will try to get Persephone to help write an epilogue. After that, every now and then, I will come and write a small bit, just to continue on with Freya. I love her so much, definitely one of my favorite characters I've created in anything.

Even thinking of writing an FF without Persephone, maybe on Daryl and Merle's past. Honestly, why not? Sounds interesting, I already have a whole bunch of ideas for that one.

* inserts evil cackle sound*

I wish you all well and those who don't can go to hell☕

Edit:

This is a quick text I sent my dad cause we weren't able to see him on Easter until he got transferred later.

The fact that we were both up at 6am🤣

CJ Bean out* bows like Negan in the gif above*

CJ Bean out
* bows like Negan in the gif above*