Still Sick, Sorry Dixon

Freya's POV

The young boy smiles at me and sits up.
“I’m happy you’re back, Raven!” He says, I look at him confused as Lori gestures for me to come in the room.
“Rick is out on the porch if you want to understand everything going on” She says, softly, I walk to Carl and hold my fist up for him, he smiles as he moves his arm to fist bump me. I nod to Lori before leaving the room, I go to the front door and go on the porch.

I gasp at the beautiful land.
“You should be resting, Freya” I groan in annoyance at the voice of my favorite sheriff, I look at him and smile.
“How’s my favorite friendly neighborhood apocalyptic sheriff on this fine day?” I ask, making him chuckle as he leans on the porch rail and looks out at the farm.
“I’m good, thanks for asking”  He says, I walk next to him and jump to sit on the porch rail, I look at Rick expectantly.

“Explanations are needed, Officer Friendly” I say, he nods a serious look now claiming his facial features.

“Carl was shot when we were searching for Sophia and you. The man that shot him told Shane and I to run a bit ahead to a farm owned by someone named Hershel. Hershel fixed him up after Shane and the man went and got supplies for him. Now here we are. The man, his name was Otis, died when they got the stuff for Hershel” He says, I stare at the farm as I try to move the information around in my head.

“Jesus” I mumble, holding my head in my hands.
“You got a strong boy, Grimes” I say to him, he nods and a proud look forms in his eyes.
“I do. I think Carol wanted to chat with you, she’s in the RV” Rick says, pointing at the RV, I hesitate but nod and hop off the rail and go down the stairs slowly. I’m really happy my knee feels better, but I still got a limp though.

“Ra- Freya. You dropped this earlier, was going to put it in you backpack but I assumed you wouldn’t wanna think it’s lost in the woods” I hear Rick say, I turn and see him on the bottom step of the stairs attached to the porch. He’s holding out a piece of plastic paper towards me.

I feel my back pocket and frown when I don’t feel the picture. I go back towards him and carefully grab the picture from his hands.
“Who is it, if you don’t mind?” He asks, I smile at the picture and look up at him.
“My cousin, her name was Ellie, she’s kinda like an odd mix of Sophia and Carl. Sweetest little ball of sunshine ever, her personality was a close hit to Carl’s though” I say, Rick smiles a little bit.

“You and Carl would have loved her” I mumble, gripping the picture as I look at her beautiful blue eyes and raven black hair. Rick nods and ruffles my hair. He glances at the picture again before patting my shoulder.
“I’m sure she is safe somewhere” He says, I chuckle painfully and shake my head no.
“Now now, Officer Friendly. You and I both know that ain’t true. Just like most of the world, she’s long gone. Dead or alive, I don’t know” I say, putting the picture in my pocket, he sighs.

“What happened to our sassy Raven?” He asks, trying to make her atleast smile, she huffs and waves at him.
“Thanks for giving it back to me, Officer Friendly” I say, walking away towards the RV, I hear walk back up the porch then the  porch door open and close.

I pause when I get to the RV door. 
Maybe she doesn’t want to see me.
Is she mad?
Will she blame me for Sophia still being missing?
Is she gonna tell me I should’ve done better at watching her daughter?

I know I should have done better, I don’t need to be reminded.

“You should probably just go in, Sweetie” I hear the old voice of Dale say, I look up and see Dale standing on the roof of the RV like normal. His rifle slung over his shoulder for watch, a hawaian shirt on like always and a soft smile on his face.