Abraham Ford's Lessons: How to Climb a Tree

Freya's POV

I've been out here for almost a week, I've started heading back to the prison.

I didn't find a lot of resources; I found a couple cans of food.

Right now, I'm on the side of the road, munching on a somewhat burnt rabbit. Happily, I wipe my hands on my pants and burp, I giggle and cover my mouth when I realized how loud it was. I take a tiny sip of water from my bottle, scrunching my face in disgust at how warm it is, I should've waited longer after boiling it.

Suddenly, I hear an engine and walkers. Quickly, I throw dirt on my fire and step on it before running up a steep hill in the ditch and hiding behind a tree. I pull my bow off my shoulder and pull out an arrow then notching it with the string.

I bury my back into the tree and listen.

The sound gets closer and stops.

On the road right behind me.

But I have an advantage, they can't see me and I have a lot of cover if they start shooting.

I peek around and see an awkward guy getting jumped by a walker but he keeps it at arm's length. I frown, he acts like he never kills these things.

I see a bulky redhead man stabbing walkers and a pretty lady pushing the walkers away and stabbing them.

"Get Eugene!" The man yells, I frown and make a decision I'm most likely gonna regret.

I aim my bow at the man now on the ground holding a walker at arm's length and shoot. The arrow hits the walker in the ear. The man pushes the double dead walker off of him and crawls away, his back hitting the tire of the truck they're driving.

I pull out another arrow and aim at the two walkers behind the woman.

"Rosita behind you!" The scared man yells to the woman by the time the words come out of his mouth, my arrow goes through the head of one walker and stabs into the neck of another.

Luckily, the woman turns around in time to stab the other walker.

The one man goes and checks on the scared man, the woman looks at my arrows in the walkers and then looks directly where I'm at, I duck down behind the tree again.

"Crap crap crap crap" I chant.

"Hey! You up in the hill!" The man calls, the scared one I think.
"Thank you for helping me and my friends! Could you come out please, I like to thank people face-to-face!" He calls, I look around, the idiot is gonna bring walkers around.

"Can you shut up, you're gonna bring the souls out here!" I call back, annoyed.

"Then I'll just go up there!"

"Fine!"

I come out from behind the tree, an arrow notched.

"You can continue on your way now" I say, the woman aims a gun at me and I hesitate but a walker comes out from the forest behind them and I let the arrow go and the woman shoots but I jump behind my tree soon after letting the arrow go.

But the bullet grazes my shoulder.

I cry out in pain and hold my shoulder, sighing in relief when there's barely any blood coming from the wound.

"There was a soul behind you, ma'am!" I call back as I hold my bandanna to my shoulder.

"Rosita"

I poke my head out from behind the tree.

"That's a pretty name, Ms. Rosita" I say, noticing she doesn't aim her gun at me again.
I hesitate but slide down the hill, my hand grabbing onto roots along the way.