Sorry, brother

Freya's POV 
3 Days Later

Daryl's been ignoring me. What did Dale say to him? Did I do something wrong? Is he finally done dealing with me? Beth is no longer suicidal, I think. Apparently, she tried to kill herself but Maggie and Lori broke into the bathroom to see her wrist bleeding. 

"Freya, want to play cards with me? Sophia said she isn't feeling well" Carl asks, taking me away from my depressing thoughts, I look up and nod at him. 

"Sure" I say, we enter the house, Daryl glances at us but looks at Lori when she tells us to go with Jimmy. 
They're gonna talk about Randall again. Dale went around earlier asking people to change their minds about killing Randall. 

Carl sets up the cards and I lean on the wall, boredly playing with my knife as Jimmy watches us. 

2 card games later we hear the door slam shut, Sophia and I flinch. I look up confused and carefully step out of the room, much to Jimmy's disagreement. I walk down the stairs and towards the living room only to see everyone leaving. I look for a certain old man so he can tell me what the decision was but I don't see him. 

"Dale went on a walk to calm down" Carol says, I jump when I see her. 
"Which way did he go?" I ask, she points through the window and I see a slight outline of his body walking through the field, I smile up at her in thanks. I run out the front door and stop when someone grabs my shoulder. My eyes widen in fear as memories swim in my eyes, I look up. Glenn. 

"Can you tell him I'm sorry?" Glenn asks, I scrunch my nose in confusion and hesitantly nod. 
"Why can't you tell him yourself?" I ask, he looks down. 
"I can't face him now" He mumbles, slightly pushing my shoulder forward so the conversation will end. I sigh before running off to where I last saw Dale. 

10 Minutes Later

Where the hell is he? 

I look around and realize I got farther from the farm than I thought. I can see the outline of the house. 

Suddenly, a scream of pain rips through the air and I quickly pull out my tanto blades. Running to where I think I heard the scream I get there in about 1 minute. I gasp and drop my blades at the sight in front of me. 

Dale writhing in pain on the ground, his intestines hanging out of his stomach, a double dead walker laying near him and the group kneeling around Dale. Lori hugging Carl close to her and Rick calling for Hershel. I stand there staring at Dale before I see his head turn to look my way, I stay, frozen in my spot. 

I see his hand move and it hits the ground three times. I frown when I remember when I showed him gestures for things that Ellie and I made our thing. 

I lift my hands and sign Ellie's favorite line of the whole song.

It was easier to say hello 
than to say goodbye 

Dale lets out a pained smile towards me before looking at Rick.

I watch Rick as he pulls out his revolver once Hershel tells him there's no way of saving him. He holds the revolver to Dale's head but lowers it and turns around. He can't do it. But Dale is suffering.

I watch as Daryl takes the revolver out of Rick's hand, he kneels down next to Dale and holds the revolver to the pained man's head. 

"Sorry, brother" Daryl says before pulling the trigger. 

Bang……

I stare at Dale's body as everyone starts crying and holds onto their loved ones.