That's Our Thing, Dixie

5 Months later
Freya's POV 

Lori looks like a balloon that's about to pop.

She's about to have the baby. Hershel isn't sure when, but he knows it's gonna be soon. 

Right now, I'm sitting on the ground next to Daryl's bike as he cleans his arrows, I hand him the last one that I was using to draw in the dirt, he looks at the complex shapes connected to each other before huffing and wiping the blood and dirt off the arrow. I lean my head on his leg and close my eyes. 

I haven't been able to sleep and Daryl hasn't let me sit with him on watch anymore cause it started getting too cold at night. 

I rub my eyes of sleep as Daryl suddenly nudges my shoulder and gets off the bike before going to Rick. I lean back on the bike and pull my legs close to me, setting my chin on my knee before closing my eyes. I decide to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"What about Freya? She normally goes with you" Rick says. 
"Look at the kid, she hasn't been sleepin'. She can take a break from this hunt" Daryl mumbles. I feel myself drifting asleep after hearing that but open my eyes when I feel someone sit next to me. 

"Hi, Hershey" I mumble, looking at him, he wraps his arm around my shoulder and holds me close to him. 
"How are you doing, sweetheart. You haven't asked me about medical knowledge in a week. Getting worried about you" He says, I look at him and then take a quick glance at Lori. Hershel notices this. 

"Ahhhhh, I know. You're worried if Lori goes into labor in the middle of the night. Is that it?" He asks, I nod with a frown on my face. 
"We do need to be worried but, we also need to be able to think straight so then we can help her when she does" Hershel says, making me think. 

He's right. 

I sigh but nod. He hugs me more. 
"I've also seen you give Lori some of your food when we find some" He says, I shrug. 
"I don't need much. She's eating for two" I say.
"I want you to sleep tonight, can you do that for me?" He asks, I huff but nod. 
"Fine" I mumble, fiddling with my bracelet as I lean more into his side and close my eyes but not sleeping. 

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

"We found a place"

Now see, when Rick said this I didn't expect a prison. Surprise. 

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Once Sophia and Carl get through the cut in the gate, Rick makes me go next. Soon everyone is in the gated area and Rick starts telling everyone where to go, I stay with Daryl and Carol. Hopefully, we can clear the field and then work more out on the inner fencing closer to the prison. I look up at Hershel before. 

"Santa, I know what I want for christmas now" I say, he looks down at me amused. I've called him Santa many times lately cause of his beard. He just plays along now. 
"And what is it that you want, Freya?" He asks, I smile at a certain memory with Smithy before he moved away. 
"Spaghetti" I say, he chuckles before pushing me forward slightly. 
"Maybe someday, sweetheart" He says, I nod and quickly follow Daryl and Carol.

When Daryl makes sure one tower is clear he waves his hand for Carol and I to follow him. 

"Think your slingshot will kill walkers from this distance?" Carol asks as we start making our way up the stairs, I nod and stay next to Daryl. 
"I will make it. When there's a will, there's a way" I say, she nods with a smile, from my peripheral vision I catch a small smile on Dixon's face. Glad I could amuse him somehow.