The Radio

Freya's POV

I glare at Duane and he smiles back.

"Give me the candy" I say, he shakes his head and holds up the bag of candy.

"No way" he says, I reach my arm up but he has his height. Then I get an idea.

"Ya sure?" I ask, he grins.

"Ain't no way I'm giving this to you" he says, I lean up more and attach my lips to his. I hear a thump and realize he dropped the bag of candy, but I don't stop kissing him. He hums while kissing me back.

"I'll be damned" we both jump away and look at Caroline, I'm blushing so bad.

"Caroline!" Duane whines, I giggle and hide my face.

"You two get downstairs" she says, amusement in her eyes.

"I-" I hide my face.

"Come on, I need to keep eye on you and Duane while they're gone" she says, gesturing for us to go with her, I huff.

Ever since Amethyst and Dad have started... whatever the hell they started is. It's not dating, I know that. But, everything's still the same as before. Except they don't despise each other as much.

Dad isn't always only keeping his eye on me though, it's split between me and Amethyst, which is kinda nice. Now, it's easier to get into some trouble, like sneaking out the gates.

"When is everyone gonna be back?" I ask Caroline, she shrugs. Dad and Rick, and more from Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom left to go fight the Saviours yesterday.

Dad didn't want Amethyst to go, so she waited til Dad left Alexandria and met up with the Kingdom. I don't know if she made it.

"Are you worried?" Duane asks me, I shake my head.

"Come on" Caroline says, pushing Duane and I into the living room. We sit on the couch while she feeds Judith.

"We left the drawing books at the Grimes's" I say, facepalming, Duane nods and we both stand up.

"We'll be right back" I say to her, Caroline gives me a thumbs up, I smile at her before following Duane out the front door.

I look up at Duane with a pout.

"I miss dad" I say, he hums.

"They'll be back soon" he says, I nod as we walk up the Grimes's porch.

"Michonne!" I call, seeing her put her sword over her shoulder.

"Why are you two over here?" she asks, I make an oh sound.

"We forgot our drawing books" I say, grabbing the stuff from under the couch, we say bye to Michonne and exit the house.

Duane asks me about when I found the group, asking about Dad first.

"I remember in Atlanta. Dad hated me at first, Merle on the other hand? I'm pretty sure he was just amused that there was a kid that could kinda hunt" I say, trying to not step on the cracks in the sidewalk.

"Pretty sure Dad thought I was just some stupid kid that was gonna get herself killed at some point" I say, amused.

"What about when you first met Roxy and Amethyst?" I ask, he sighs.

"Roxy pulled me out of the herd of walkers, you know what she said to me?" he says, I shake my head.

"It was actually kind of funny. She said, 'Come on kid, I'm not gonna let you prove those horror movie theories to be true" he says, laughing at the end.