Say You Forgive Me

Freya's POV

I huff and look at Duane, Sophia had some serious morning sickness this morning. Luckily, Carol wasn't there. Duane and I just gave Sophia something to drink and some saltine crackers we found.

"How in the hell she gonna raise that baby?" Duane asks, climbing up the tree, I follow him up.
"I dunno. But, I'm gonna be with her every step of the way. As far as I know, I'd be an awesome aunt" I say, Duane laughs and grabs my hand before pulling me up.

"Think she'll tell Carl?" He asks, I nod.
"Hopefully before she starts showing" I say, looking over Alexandria, Duane sits across from me and smiles.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" He asks, I shrug. My dad is outside the gates. Daryl is helping lure herds of walkers away with Sasha and Abraham.

I don't know if he's alive or not.

"Well, we could go play with Judi-" My sentence is interrupted by gunshots, and I almost fall out of the tree, but Duane pulls me back up, I hold on to his arm and look at him.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, he looks around before climbing down and I follow, him grabbing me by my waist and helping me down the rest.

I roll my eyes.

"I get it, you're strong for a 15-year-old boy" I say, he laughs as he pulls out his gun and I grab my revolver.

"Total boyfriend material" He says as we go towards the screaming, I hold my revolver and run up seeing an animalistic like guy stab an Alexandrian, he sees Duane and I and starts running towards us with his machete up.

I pull the trigger and watch as he hits the ground, Duane yells for me to follow him and I nod.
"We need to get to Judy!" I yell, he nods and we start running towards Rick's house, taking down guys with W's scarred on their foreheads.

I grab Duane and pull him back when one guy runs at him through an alley between two houses, he trips and I stab him in the head, I look around and see Roxy with someone in a hood. A closer look and I smirk realizing it's Carol.

Scared housewife façade disappeared. Badass Mama is back.

"Shit!" I hear, I spin around seeing a hatchet get thrown into someone's back and realize it's Amethyst, I watch as she steps on the guy's shoulder and pulls out the axe before putting it through his head, she looks up at Duane with a nod and makes random hand gestures to him. One's that I don't recognize being sign language. After signing she throws her ax again into some man's head with a growl.

So, this is what Roxy meant by Animal mode. It's more of a protective mode but both work, I guess.

He nods back and grabs my arm before dragging me into a random house.

"What the hell?! I need to get to Judy!" I say, trying to get back through the door, he pushes me into the wall and puts a finger over his lips. Only seconds later, a shadow of a person passes by on the wall in front of us.
Duane starts signing.

"Ame used our sign to tell me Carl and Enid are watching Judith" He signs, I just nod and focus on the intruders in the town.

I sign back.
"Where's Ame?" I ask, Duane sighs and ducks down and we run to another room, he lifts up the blinds and I see Amethyst stabbing and chopping up a couple W guys before slightly limping away.

"She's doing what she always has" He signs quickly, I pull out my tantos when a squeaking sound comes from the back door, Duane walks to one wall and I walk behind the one next to it. Heavy footsteps come from the hall, and I lift my blade up. Duane and I have done this one a lot.