Bonding With Merle Dixon

Freya's POV 

Well then…..

I sit back down cause I got dizzy again.
I watch as everyone but Merle goes downstairs.
"You okay, kid?" He asks, I look at him confused.
"I may be strung out to high heaven but I saw your little sickly thing. Ya bit?" He asks, I shake my head no.
"No. Peachier than a peach tree" I say, he laughs and let's it go. I open my backpack and take out a book I've been reading. The winter of red snow. The revolutionary war diary of Abigail jane Stewart. I look in my backpack and glance at the medical dictionary uncle Paul gave me for my birthday. I've already read half of it.

I watch Merle grab a rifle and walk to the wall, he jumps on the big metal thing and starts shooting, I get up as quick as I can and run over to him.
"Merle! Stop! You're gonna bring more!" I say, he ignores me and continues.

Suddenly, the roof door bursts open and Morales looks at us from the ramp. I move away from Merle in case something happens.
"Hey, Dixon! Are you crazy?" Morales asks, Merle just laughs.
"Hey! You ought to be polite to a man with a gun!" Merle says, jumping down.
"Only common sense" He says, T-Dog loses it.
"Man, you wastin' bullets we ain't even got!" He says, running down off the ramp to stand in front of Merle. I just stand there then I see the man in a sheriff's uniform.
Rick Grimes! He hasn't noticed me yet.

I ignore everything and just stare at Rick. That's really him. Where's Morgan and Duane?

I'm taken out of my thoughts when Rick suddenly run towards Merle and T-Dog. Merle punches Rick then kicks T-Dog and punches him. He straddles T-Dog and starts punching him.
"Merle!" I scream at him, he ignores and pulls out his handgun, putting it in T-Dog's face. 
I freeze and just stare.

I focus back when Rick hits Merle in the face with the stock of the rifle.
He grabs Merle's vest and puts him against the pipes. Rick handcuffs him.
"Who the hell are you!?" Merle asks.
"Officer friendly" Rick responds, making me chuckle. 

"Look here Merle. Things are different now. No n####rs anymore. No dumb as shit inbred white trash fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. We survive this by pulling together, not apart" Rick says, looking at Merle's handgun. "Screw you man" Merle says. Rick smiles, an annoyed smile. I just watch, I move closer to the group and stand closely to Glenn.
"I see you make a habit of missing the point" Rick says. Glenn looks up at me from his spot on the ground and gives me a nervous smile.

"Yeah? Well screw you twice" Merle says, Rick puts Merle's handgun to Merle's head.
"Ought to be polite to a man with a gun. Only common sense" Rick says, I look away from everything and ignore.

"Are you okay, T-Dog?" I ask him, he nods slightly. I watch Rick throw a packet of white powder that he grabbed from Merle. He throws it off the roof.

"Hey there, Sheriff. I didn't think I'd see ya in such a short amount of time" I say when Rick walks away from Merle and towards us. Rick looks at me.
"Raven" He says, shocked, I give an awkward wave like when we met yesterday.
"Hello, Mr. Grimes" I say.

◇☆◇☆◇☆

I sit on the little bed I made and watch T-Dog and Merle. Merle has been talking shit about how whites and blacks shouldn't be together.
"Merle, leave him alone" I say, Merle looks at me and when I smile at him he rolls his eyes.
"Fine. But, tell me 'bout 'em dog tags ya wearing. They your old man's or your grandpappy's?" Merle asks, T-Dog looks shocked for some reason.
"My Grandpa's" I say, playing with the dog tags, Merle nods.
"How was Mr. Crossbow?" I ask, Merle slightly smiles.
"Still a wimp" Merle says, I glare at him.
"He doesn't seem like a wimp" I say.