Girl Problems...in the Apocalypse

Freya's POV

I glare at Duane.

"Oh, come on, Freya. Don't look at me like that" he says, pulling my knife from a walker's head, I keep glaring at him.

"You could've gotten killed!" I say, gesturing to the walker behind him, he leans his head back.

"Look behind you!" he says, I look down at my feet.

"We both could've gotten killed, Freya" he says, making me look up, my eyes burning from the tears I'm trying to keep at bay.

We're outside of Alexandria, we were going to the Hilltop so we can see Maggie, Glenn and Hershel. A herd snuck up on us and Duane pushed me out of the way and a walker grabbed him, almost biting his shoulder. Honestly, Amethyst would be yelling at the both of us, right now.

But we asked if we could go by ourselves, to practice without being told to stay back. Amethyst hesitantly agreed, but made me take my revolver with me just in case.

Duane sees my eyes and walks towards me, wrapping his arm around me, I step on his foot and he grunts but still hugs me.

"I'm still mad at you" I say, hugging him back, he chuckles.

Lately, I've been very bipolar. My stomachs been hurting. It's annoying.

At first, I thought it might be the fact that I'm a teen girl and I have yet to get my period. Why? Not sure, I never got that far in medical stuff.

Duane and I continue walking towards Hilltop.

"Freya, have you talked to Negan?" Duane suddenly asks, I look at him confused.

"Not since the battle. Why?" I ask, he shakes his head and continues forward.

Weird.

3rd Person POV

Negan sits up on his cot in his cell when he hears the door open. He grins at the masked woman dragging a folding chair behind her.

"Well, hello! It's the chick version of Jason Voorhees" Negan says, putting his elbows on his knees and setting his chin on his locked hands.

"To what do I owe the pleasure" he says, Amethyst stares at him and he rolls his eyes.

"You wanna kill me? Join the club" he says, Amethyst only stares at him.

"You live guilt of what you done" Amethyst says, Negan chuckles.

"You got yourself a speech problem. Sounds like you need to go back to school, maybe some speech therapy" Negan taunts, but Amethyst only laughs.

Negan stares at her, confused by her reaction. Amethyst pulls off her mask, making Negan see what he added to her scars. Negan frowns but doesn't look away and holds her glare with his own.

But Amethyst knows he's not glaring at her with hate. It's regret and pain. He feels bad.

"Say what you will. I know, I hurt you more with anything" Amethyst says, grinning as she leans forward, Negan stares back at her confused by her sudden change in attitude.

"Freya don't hate my guts. She don't think I'm the monster in this world. She my family. You? You left in the past, forgotten, like kid's toy in park" she says, Negan glares at her.

"I should've finished you off that night" he says, thinking that'll make her back off.

Amethyst leans back in her chair with a shrug.