Bear the Baby Frost Giant

3rd Person POV

Carol tosses the bag over the creek, Daryl throws it over his shoulder.

"Daryl, you need to come back. It's been five months, Freya and Amethyst need you" Carol says, Daryl sighs.

"I haven't found him yet" he says, Carol looks down. Time to use her secret weapon.

"Amethyst is five months pregnant, Daryl. I found out a few weeks ago" Carol says, Daryl pauses and looks at her.

"She alright? The baby?" he asks, Carol nods.

"She'd be better if you were there, Freya and Abraham can only do so much" Carol says, Daryl shakes his head, but he was hesitant.

"I gotta find Rick first, I gotta, Carol" he says, Carol scoffs out a laugh.

"Try telling that to the pregnant woman with a weapon in every direction, very hormonal, and keeps trying to escape the gates without someone" she says, Daryl looks down with a smile.

"Daryl, Amethyst has never been like this before. She's more on guard now. She hasn't been sleeping. Every sound makes her jump. She tries to take care of herself for the baby, but it's hard. This is what Freya tells me. Your own daughter is asking for help. If something happens to Amethyst or the baby. It's gonna kill Freya. She finally got the mom she always wanted and that might disappear because Amethyst isn't used to feelings" Carol says, Daryl kicks some rocks before turning around and walking off.

"Daryl!" Carol calls but he doesn't respond. Carol sighs and walks back to the two horses she brought.

______________

Night

Amethyst stares at the ceiling as she tries to fall asleep. It's 6am and the sun started coming up.

"If ya don't sleep, Bullseye, ya gonna have more issues. I remember when ya talked about all the times ya thought your sister was pregnant! You said she might have complications or some shit like that if she didn't sleep" the familiar scratchy voice of a marine makes Amethyst sit up.

Looking around the room, her eyes land on a man with a cigarette in his mouth and a bottle of Scotch in his other hand.

"What the hell are you doing here, Hulk?" Amethyst asks, he grunts and taps his head with a smirk.

"In ya head, girly" he says, Amethyst glares at him and he stands up, moving towards the bed, he sits on the corner of the bed and grins.

"The last time ya were like this was when you heard I got discharged. And here goes lil Roxy callin' me and yellin' at me like the little bitch she was" he says, making Amethyst throw a pillow at him but he ends up just sitting on the other side of her bed.

"I remember driving from Georgia to Virginia, just to pull ya out of bed, hand you ya rifle and takin' ya to the mountains to let off some steam" he says, Amethyst leans her head back to stare at the ceiling.

"You got discharged cause of me-" she says but the imagined man stands up in anger and points at her.

"He was a fucking pussy for sayin' that shit when ya ain't even around to show him how wrong he is!" he says, Amethyst looks at him with a frown.

"You better be alive so I can find you and punch you for doing that. You can't just punch someone cause they piss you off, I learned that the hard way" she says, getting out of the bed.