Loki?

Freya's POV

"Dixie?" I ask, the man about to go with the group to get to the cafeteria and infirmary glances at me from his spot next to me on the concrete ground of the perch. He just nods so I know he's listening. The group consists of Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Theo, Hershel, and Glenn. 
"When ya all get back, can we go hunting?" I ask, he looks up from tightening his crossbow. His face is blank but I know he is thinking. 

"Depends what we find at the cafeteria. Why?" He says. 
"Need to clear my mind I guess. I got a bad feeling 'bout something" I mumble, he just stays quiet. 
"Go out by yaself. I ain't always gonna be here, kiddo" He says, getting up when we hear Rick.

"I'll tell T" He says when we reach the end of the stairs, I nod and look at all the things on the prison table as Daryl and Theo look over the riot gear that was peeled off walkers earlier. 
"I ain't wearin this shit" Daryl grunts out, glaring at the table slightly, I giggle as Theo flinches when walker goo falls out of a helmet he picked up.
"We could boil it" Theo says, Daryl scoffs. 

"Ain't enough firewood in the whole forest" Daryl says, making me hide my face in Carl's back to muffle my slight laugh. Carl smiles amused by my action as Sofia suddenly walks in with Carol. 

"Hershel?" Carol calls, we all look at her as she stands in the doorway, Sophia looks concerned but smiles when she sees Carl. 

Oh my sweet baby fried chicken jesus. 

How have I not noticed this before? 

Sophia likes Carl.

Rick asks if everything is okay and she says its okay. 

I decide to follow Hershel and Carol, leaving Sophia with Carl. 

I stand outside the cell, ignoring everything being said except a certain few sentences.
"We're all infected then so is the baby. What if it's a stillborn?" Lori says, I lean on the wall and listen.
"It could be eating me from the inside" She says. Huh.

That would actually be cool to see. 

I just imagined those old horror films where an alien hand rips through someone's stomach. 

I quickly leave feeling her emotions start to build up. Sorry, but the whole let me calm you down with comforting words ain't really a skill of mine. 

I go back to my cell after Theo tells me to be careful. Gathering my weapons, I quickly go downstairs.

"Have fun playing Warden, Grimes" I say, Carl gives me a small nod. He didn't like that I was told its okay to go out on my own. He's been trying to do more but Rick is trying to keep him as safe as possible but also letting him do more. I don't get what's up with him. Rick is letting him do way more than he would have let him at the farm. 

The group is about to go in, I hold my wrist up to Daryl, he rolls his eyes in annoyance but hits his ring to the bracelet. 

"Be safe" I tell them.

Once they go in, I start making my way out. 

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

After tying the hole in the gate back up with the wire, I walk through the forest, leaving little x's in trees every now and then. 

After a bit, I find a nest on the ground, leaning against a tree. It must've fallen out of the tree. Going to the nest, I kneel next to it and look, there's 5 baby birds. 

Baby crows?

I frown when none of them move. Hesitantly, I put my hand on them and my frown deepens when I feel their cold lifeless bodies. 
"Poor things didn't even get a chance" I mumble, looking around to make sure there's no walkers.