I love you too, Stupid jerk

Freya's POV

"Carlllll" I whine, hugging him, Carl hugs me back.

"Will you go make paper flowers with us?" I ask, he shakes his head, grabbing the sheriffs hat off his head and putting it on mine.

"You look like a little kid wearing that" he says, I punch his shoulder as we walk down the road. He smiles at me.

"Are you okay? You look a little pale" I say, he doesn't answer because we catch up with Duane.

"He said he won't do it" I tell Duane, he nods.

"I'm with you on that, man" Duane says, nodding his head, I roll my eyes, Sophia walks up to Carl and kisses him on the cheek, flicking the sheriff hat on his head, I gag when Carl tells Sophia he loves her and she says she loves him back.

"Can't you do this later?" I ask, blocking my eyes, Sophia giggles, saying bye to Carl after giving him another kiss, and starts dragging me behind her.

-----------------

I jump when I hear banging, Sophia gets her weapons from her closet, I grab my bow and revolver. I look out the window and see everyone gathering together. Shit.

I remember something Amethyst told me when I moved in.

"If something happen, hide in basement. There table bolted into wall, push it up, there be a board, I want you hide there until your dad, I get you"

I bite my lip and pull Sophia with me out of the room and down the stairs, our backpacks bouncing on our backs.

"To the basement!" I say, grabbing the flashlight out of a kitchen drawer, I run to the basement, closing the door and running down the stairs. Pushing up the table, I pull the board, making Sophia go down first.

"Freya! I have to find Carl" Sophia says, we hear vehicles moving and I think it's the Saviours but I'm not sure. Only minutes later we hear things blowing up, I cover my ears and Sophia does the same.

Eventually, we're in there for I don't know how long. It could've been hours or only minutes, at some point, I start smelling smoke and hand Sophia my bandanna, I pull up my mask and move the board to the side, crawling up, I push up the table and hold my hand down to Sophia, she grabs it and she helps me pull her up, her shirt riding over her pregnant stomach.

She's supposed to be having the baby next month, Carl told me he's excited to hold his son or daughter. He even has names, but he doesn't want to tell Sophia yet.

"It's dawn" I say, seeing the sun peeking out through he trees.

"Come on" I mumble, walking up the stairs, my revolver up and ready if I need to shoot a walker or a Saviour. When we exit the house, walkers are everywhere, smoke is coming from houses.

"We need to get to the Hilltop. Uncle Paul can help us figure out where everyone is" I say, wondering if Dad made it out alive.

I think Amethyst is still at the Kingdom.

Sophia and I try to find an opening, we sneak behind some buildings, escaping through the gate, thankfully, no walkers noticed cause they're busy eating a body. We run to the forest, stopping when we get far enough from Alexandria.

Sophia is holding her stomach; she is staring at me with wide eyes full of pain.

"It hurts!" she says, sitting on the ground.

"We need to make it to the Hilltop! They can help!" I tell her, grabbing a stick from some branches and handing it to her so she can use it as a cane.

Sophia whimpers as I help pull her up, she uses the stick to walk and I wrap her other arm around my shoulder. After a few miles, we bump into a familiar animal.