We'll Be Okay, Bloody

Freya's POV

It's been 2 days? Yeah. 2 days since Merle's death. Kinda miss the jerkbag.

Daryl's been.....Daryl.

He's been quiet, kind of acting like it didn't happen.

"Dixie?" I ask, walking up to him as he is next to his bike.
"You're going with Hershel and the other kids" He says, I nod.
There's gonna be a fight with the governor.

"You better be okay when we come back" I tell him, reaching my arm down and clinking my bracelet against his ring. I pull my arm back

"You better be okay when we come back" I tell him, reaching my arm down and clinking my bracelet against his ring. I pull my arm back with a frown, I turn and start walking away.

"Be safe, kid" I hear him say behind me, I smile and yell back, "I'll try but I can't say the same for Carl!"

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

I sigh looking around, the governor is at the prison, we already heard some shots. I lean back on the car as Carl starts keeping an eye out, I close my eyes and shut everything out.

Bad idea.

Some minutes later, I hear muffled voices of Hershel and Carl talking, I open my eyes when I hear annoyance in Carl's voice.

"Put the gun down!" Carl says, I run up to him when I see a boy around the age of 17 or 18 standing a bit away from Carl, Carl keeps his gun aimed at the boy who is now putting down his rifle.

I move to stand next to Carl.
"Carl...." I say, glancing behind us at Sophia.

I notice his hand move slightly and I reach my hand on top of the gun and I go to push it down, but it's too late.

Carl shoots the boy and my hand gets cut open from the slide.

Ohhhhhh, this is gonna be fun to explain to Daryl and Rick.

I gasp in pain and hold my hand to my shirt as blood starts gushing out from my palm. Tears gather into my eyes from the pain.

That was stupid of me.

"Let me look" Hershel says, holding his hand out for mine, I shake my head no.
"It hurts" I say, a tear slides down my cheek and Hershel frowns.

"I know but you need to let me look at it or it will get infected" He says, I nod and hesitantly give him my hand and blood continues flowing from the big cut. I see Carl in my peripheral vision and he looks guilty.

"He was putting his gun down, Carl" I say, Carl frowns.
"He was dangerous" He says back, Hershel sighs.
"Stop it, both of you. Sophia, can you grab the alcohol from my bag, it's a tiny white plastic bottle?" Hershel asks, Sophia nods and runs back to the car and my gaze lands on the dead boy a couple yards away.

"I need better lighting, let's move over there okay" Hershel suddenly says, I nod and we move onto the other side of the car.
"That's better" Hershel says, smiling at me before grabbing the plastic bottle from Sophia and pouring it on my hand.

"It burnssssss" I whine, flinching at the wound, Hershel nods and waits as it sets in my hand before pouring water from his water bottle on it.

"We need to wrap it until we can get back into the prison" He says, I nod and pull my bandanna from my pocket and hand it to Hershel, he nods at me in thank and wraps it around my hand.

"How are we gonna explain this to Dixie and Officer Friendly?" I ask, Hershel nods.

"We tell them the truth" He says.