He's My Blood

Freya's POV

It's been a day or two since Daryl left us.

"Freya, are you going hunting again?" Sophia asks right after I put Judith in her little box that says asskicker on it. I nod and Sophia looks at me worriedly.

"When are you gonna talk again?" She asks, I shrug. Apparently, for some reason I just don't feel like talking anymore, even when I try, nothing comes out. After Rick freaked out on those people that came here when they went for Glenn and Maggie and made them leave, I've been scared to go near him.

I don't know what is up with me and I don't like it.

Loki flies off the small desk in our cell and flies onto the rails on the walkway. Smiling at Sophia, I grab my backpack and leave the cell, quickly going down the stairs.

I nod to Carol and Beth as I leave, Carol just nods and I quickly make my way to the exit of the prison, ignoring the sound of Hershel asking for me to Carol.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Daryl's POV

Ever since we left the group, I've been thinking. Is the kid okay? Is the governor already attacking the prison?

Is the dumbass mad at me?

We just helped out some mexicans and now Merle is being an asshole cause I said they had a baby.

"Oh, otherwise you woulda just left 'em them to the biters?" Merle says.

"Man, I went back for ya. Ya weren't there! I didn't cut off your hand neither, you did that, way before they left ya on that roof!" I say, Merle just stands there.

"You- You know what's funny? You and Sheriff Rick are like this now, right?" He says, crossing his fingers together.

"I bet you a penny and a fiddle of gold that you never told him that we were planning on robbing that camp blind" He says, reminding me of our original plans when we first got to camp.
"It didn't happen!" I say.
"Yeah, it didn't. Cause I wasn't there to help you!" He says, I internally scoff.

"What, like when we were kids, huh? Who left who then?" I say, Merle raises his metal covered arm.
"What? Huh? Is that why I lost my hand?" He asks.
"You lost your hand 'cause you're a simple minded piece of shit" I say, turning around to leave, Merle grabs the back of my shirt.
"Yeah? You don't know" Merle yells, pulling my shirt, it rips and everything from our childhood is shown to him.

" I..... I didn't know he was...." Merle's voice trails off.
"Yeah. He did" I say, trying to cover up my back with the ripped pieces of my shirt and bag.
"He did the same to you. That's why you left first" I grumble, standing up and starting to walk.
I'm going back to my group. To the little dumbass that sticks to me like velcro.

"Where're you goin'?" I hear Merle call behind me.
"Back where I belong!" I say.
"I can't go with you. I tried to kill that black bitch. Damn near killed the chinese kid" Merle calls, I think back to Atlanta when we got the guns and went back for Merle, remembering when Glenn corrected me on the chinese korean shit.
"He's korean" I say back.
"Whatever! Doesn't matter, man. I can't go with you!" He says, I stop.

"You know, I may be the one walking away, but you're the one who's leaving...." I say.

"....again" I finish.

After a bit of walking, I look down at my hand and see the ring still on my pinky. I bet she's yelling a storm and killing walkers just because. She's pissed at me, I'm sure of it.