Staying Safe

Later in the day
Freya's POV

"Dad? What are you doing?" I ask, seeing Dad with a new crossbow and suddenly packing up.

"I'm goin' back to Hilltop" he says simply, I shake my head.
"You can't-" I start, but stop with a sigh when I realize words are useless.

"Fine" I say, grabbing my backpack, Dad sighs.
"You're stayin'" he says, I shake my head and continue packing. He pulls my backpack from my hands and tosses it on the couch, I glare at him and he only glares back, I turn away and grab my bag off the couch.

"Freya Dixon" Dad says, I stop and turn to him in annoyance and shock. He's never used my full name like that.

Tears cloud my eyes but I try to push them back.
"So, you can go to the Hilltop, basically risking your life, leaving your daughter to worry about you, and you really expect me to stay here!?" I say, he grabs my shoulders and looks down at me.

"I have to Freya, I can't stay here. I gotta go help prepare for the fight. I want you to stay here with Amethyst and Morgan. She'll keep ya safe" he says, I sarcastically laugh, a tear escaping my eye without my permission.

"Oh yeah, great. That's definitely gonna go over well with her" I say, knowing damn well Amethyst is gonna kick his ass for even thinking she's just gonna let him leave here.

"Freya" he says, I frown.
"What if the Saviours find you?" I ask, he shakes his head.
"Those dipshits wouldn't be able to find their asses if you put their hand on it" he says, making me laugh, he smiles.
"Atta girl" he says, wiping my tears away, I hug him.

"Please don't die" I say into his shoulder, he hugs me with a grunt.
"No promises" he says, I punch his shoulder.
"I'm being serious" I say.

"Daryl. What plan are-" Amethyst asks, stopping when she sees his backpack and crossbow.
"Morgan right" she says, grabbing Dad's arm and pulling him to one of the rooms down the hall.

She's so gonna beat his ass. Sighing, I decide to go bug Morgan.

3rd Person POV

"You. Fucking. Ant ghabiun" Amethyst says, hitting his chest with each word.
"I don't know what tha' means. Knowin' you, it's an insult" he says, grabbing her hands, she stares at him.

"I gotta" he says, she only stares at him.
"The fight, it's gonna take everythin' -" he starts but Amethyst doesn't let him finish.
"Your life too?" she asks, he doesn't respond for a long time.

"I need Freya safe" Daryl grumbles, Amethyst stares at him.
"...I understand. I stay?" she questions, Daryl nods.
"You stay, to keep Freya safe" he says, she nods, determined.

Amethyst takes off her mask and stares at Daryl. He sees the new scars from when Lucille hit her mask.
"You come back" she says, he nods and decides to tease her a bit to atleast see a smile on her face.

"What I been told, your Redneck will protect ya" he says, she gasps and glares at him.
"Roxy told you" she says, he nods.

Amethyst sighs, deciding to go along with it.
"My Redneck don't be stupid" she says, a small smile on her face as she starts putting her mask on, but she stops. Amethyst looks up at him and grabs his shoulders, leaning up a little and kissing his cheek.

"Stay breathing, or I kick your ass" she whispers, letting go of his shoulders and putting on her mask.

"Yes, ma'am" he says, opening the door, she ties her mask and follows him out.

Daryl grabs his backpack off the table. Amethyst suddenly gasps and digs through her backpack.

"Here" she says, handing him a small envelope.
"I knew you not stay long" she says, he goes to open it but she grabs his hand and shakes her head.