The Drawings For Memory

Freya's POV

I look at the walls with drawings of people, sticky notes attached to them, I look at another wall and see paper taped to it with writing, Duane shines the flashlight towards the desk and sees a paper with an arrow written on it, pointing down at something on the desk.

"So that's why she's been following Hershel around and going with him into the woods" Duane mumbles, stepping away from the wire. We step closer to the desk and read the glass bottle.

"Sooooo, they went to a pharmacy somewhere? Or Hershey used his farmer's voodoo?" I ask, he shrugs.

"Not sure. It's plausible" he mumbles, looking around the room.

"It makes sense why she's always working in that drawing book now. This is from that time she was on watch with Abraham" I say, pointing at the one of a smirking Abraham with a bottle of scotch in his hands. In the top right corner, writing is there.

Abraham Ford-
The Soldier.
Funny, no filter. At all
My friend

"Should we check on her now?" I ask, he points the flashlight back to the wire but I shake my head, grabbing the stick she was using as a cane when she was hurt. I start hitting it against the ceiling. A minute later, the window is pushed open and a flashlight is shined in both our faces.

"Oh" Amethyst says, turning off the flashlight. Suddenly, the light turns on and Duane and I look around confused. Looking at the light switch, a wire is taped to the wall and goes up the ceiling ending on the right side of the window where there is a remote.

"I- huh??" I mumble confused, Duane just smiles, Amethyst jumps down from the window sill, going around her trip wire.

"Akkah? You alright?" Duane asks, Amethyst nods as I start looking around the room again, seeing more drawings of people in our group. Even one of Deanna and Momo.

"The notes... are these for your memory?" Duane asks, she shrugs.

"Can ya say something for us?" I ask, she doesn't do anything but stare. Crap.

"Ya know Spencer didn't mean what he said. He was just...curious" I say, she nods, writing something in her notebook.

I know.

Duane and I glance at each other.

"It's really quiet at the house. I was wondering if I could stay for the night?" I ask, she nods and walks out of the room after turning off her light, Duane and I follow her. Amethyst opens a closet in the hallway and pulls out some blankets before walking to the living room and throwing them on the couch, she walks back into the hallway.

Duane and I start setting up the couch with blankets but stop when we hear baby giggles coming down the hallway. Amethyst is pushing Judith's crib down the hallway, making the baby giggle and clap her hands.

I thought Judith was with Carl and Sophia?

"When did her crib get wheels?" I ask, Amethyst holds up her index finger before grabbing her notebook from the toddler and holding it up to us.

I got bored earlier and this made it
easier to move her around with me

"I thought you left her with Carl and Sophia" I say, she nods, grabbing a pen from the pocket of her jeans and scribbling in the notebook.

I did. But Sophia wasn't feeling good. Carl was getting stressed.
So I decided to take Judith with me.

"Ohhhh, yeah, that makes sense" I say, fixing the couch as Amethyst gestures to Duane and he runs to his room. He comes back not much later with his pillow and blankets.