The Three Musketeers

Months later

Amethyst glares at the ceiling when she hears the front door open.

"Amethyst. Freya left this at my place, she always forgets it so" Sophia says, putting the backpack on the table, watching amused as Bear reaches for it.

"Wanna see your big sister and Daddy?" Sophia asks, digging through the bag and pulling out the picture of Freya and Daryl, she puts it in front of Bear and watches as he looks at it with curiosity.

"That's the quietest he's been today" Amethyst says, Sophia smiles.

"I need to get back, I swear, Ariel could be burning down the place or hotwiring a car right now" Sophia says, saying bye and leaving the house, Amethyst laughs and turns back to the clothes she was folding.

Amethyst hears something moving on the table behind her until the sound lands on the floor, she turns and sees that Bear pulled Freya's backpack off the table and the stuff in it fell out.

"Bear" she says in a scolding tone, picking up the backpack off the floor and picking up the pictures and stuff to put back in it.

Amethyst looks at a picture before Bear starts reaching for her.

"Hulk?" she mumbles, confused. She doesn't notice the footsteps behind her.

Amethyst jumps when someone grabs her shoulders but relaxes when she feels the familiarity of them.

"I've never got the jump on ya before. You alright?" Daryl asks, Amethyst nods when he sits next to her on the floor.

"Do you know him?" Amethyst asks, showing him the picture of Freya and Merle, Daryl satres at the picture before nodding.

"My brother. Why?" he says, picking up one of the pictures left on the floor, Amethyst freezes.

"He was a marine, wasn't he?" she whispers, Daryl gives her a look.

"Yeah" he says, Amethyst hears Bear whining and starts to get up but Daryl grabs her arm and pulls her back towards him, his arm around her stomach.

"You know 'im?" he asks, Amethyst nods, staring at the picture.

"The marine I told you about" she says, hiding her face in her hands. Daryl lays his forehead against her back.

"Shit, Amethyst" he mumbles, unsure of what to say.

"You know, one time he told me he wanted me to come out to Georgia to meet his baby brother, he didn't like the job I was doing..... I guess Dixon isn't a common last name in Georgia" she whispers, Daryl looks up at Bear who is now eating the food that was placed in front of him earlier.

"He'd probably be laughing his ass off if he saw us now" Daryl says, Amethyst hums.

"We could've met before this" Amethyst says, turning her head to look at him, Daryl grunts.

"You wouldn't of liked how I was" Daryl says against her neck, Amethyst smiles.

"Were you grumpier then you are now?" she asks, squeaking when he bites her neck.

"I was a stupid asshole" he says, Amethyst pulls his arms off her.

"Then...I like the Daryl I have. No apocalypse is gonna change my mind" she says, standing up.

When she looks down at Daryl, she suddenly laughs. A memory filling her mind.

Flashback