CH 01 - Loving you is a losing game

Hello, here a new mini emison story, inspired by the song Arcade - Duncan Laurence. Like always, hope you like it and any comment and review is welcome :D ! See U soon!

CH 01 - Loving you is a losing game

A broken heart is not the only thing left when Emily filed the divorce. Mistrust, frustration, anger... a turmoil of emotions is what came with the divorce. Alison didn't fight it. It was her pride? Her lack of connection to her own emotions? Or, it's because she saw no point in fighting for Emily? Whatever was the reason, she signed the papers and each one of them lived separate lives since then.

Everyone could categorize their divorce as an amicable one, but that doesn't mean they stood as friends after it. Alison opted to cut the brunette out of her life for good and the mermaid made no effort to change her mind. And, while the brunette had her mother and closer friends, to cope, Alison found herself more alone than ever. No family, no close friend to lean on. And, maybe that's what tore Alison apart even more.

Co-parenting for years with nothing more than light conversation and total lack of knowledge of their private lives is how they have been functioning till now, till the day a global crisis shook their worlds, forcing them to once again do what they never thought would ever happen: live together under the same roof.

"Alison. Are you sure about this?"

"Am I sure that I want to go back to Rosewood to take care of my Ex who has COVID?! No, of course not! But, Pam is old and she cannot afford to get in contact with Emily right now. She could die..."

And, it's true, this is a mortal virus which has already taken so many lives. Pam's life shouldn't be added to that list of losses. That's why she's packing her things and booking a flight back to Rosewood. But, before going back to a town which has brought her more sorrow than happiness, she needed this, she needed to vent with the only person she has in her corner, her therapist.

"Alison, we've made so much progress. I'm confident you'll get through this but..."

"But, we're talking about Emily. And, that is.... is so messed up..."

Alison doesn't dare to say another word. Emily has and will always be a sensitive subject for her. She hates how the brunette has so much power over her even after the divorce. It's been years since then and she's still here, sitting on the sofa of her therapist, talking about her. What is wrong with her? When she became this pathetic?

In front of the entire world she might appear like the perfect Queen Bee who's now the head of one of the most prominent schools in the country, but she's far to be on her top game. Because yes, who better than her to rule Beacon Heights? After dealing with the professor and all the drama which came with it, the Hotchkiss saw no better solution than leaning on Alison to restore the reputation of the school. And, she did it, she brought the school to its glorious days again.

A flawless reign is what she has in Beacon Heights but regardless of how impeccable, her life might appear in the public eye, Alison is far from being fine. Years of therapy and she's still far to heal all the wounds she has in her soul after the horrors suffered with -A, AD and of course Emily. Because yes, Emily enters too in the same category than -A & AD's trauma.

The brunette might not look like a villain, but she's, in Alison' story. Promises of infinite love and devotion becoming dust the moment life got hard. The blonde knows Emily is not the only one to blame for the fallout of their marriage. But, she's sure Emily didn't act as the knight in shining armour she vowed to be. She didn't rescue the Queen Bee from her own insecurities, she didn't protect Alison as the killer she was in high school and that hurts one thousand times more than all the bad things -A or AD could have ever done to the blonde.