No One Better For The Job (One Shot)

Note:

This is an One shot, inspired by the song: Running home to you - Grant Gustin. All the rights of the music lyrics go to the respective authors. Everything between double quotes " "; it's dialogue. This story will happen, 5 years after –A, Wayne and Charlotte are dead, no AD, all the story happen in Rosewood...

No one better for the Job

(Knock, knock)

Emily opened the front door and a gasp of surprise was the only thing that could come out from her mouth....

Alison. – "Hi Em..."

Emily gulped. – "Ali... w-w-what are you doing here?"

Alison. – "Well, I met your mom at the church last night and she told me that you were giving her a visit here in Rosewood, so...."

Both girls stood there in the frame of the door, Emily zoned out as she wasn't expecting to see Alison, she really was trying to avoid any kind of contact with anyone, that's why she came back without notice. Alison looked at the lost look of Emily, looking at her, she knew that her visit wasn't expected and maybe even unpleasant for the brunette, but Alison didn't care, she took enough courage to pass by and look for Emily and she wasn't going to just leave without knowing what brought the brunette in Rosewood again...

Alison. – "So are you gonna let me in or what?"

Emily looked down and replied. – "I... I'm not up to receive any visit... there is a reason I didn't say to Toby or you that I was coming..."

Alison crossed her arms and bitted her internal lip with a little of frustration and she just glanced at the brunette.

Emily said as she felt herself being dragged out of her house. – "Ali! What are you doing?!"

Alison. – "Well, if I can't come in, you're gonna come out!"

Emily liberated her arm from Alison and both girls stood up, face to face in the middle of the street...

Emily. – "Ali, you can't drag me wherever and whenever you want! I don't want to talk with you, ok!"

Alison felt hurt by the last sentence of the brunette and Emily felt bad seeing the pain that she caused, reflected on the facial expression of the blonde.

Emily. – "That went wrong..." (Sighs) "What I wanted to say it's that I'm not into talking with anyone ok... not just you..."

Alison took a deep breath and replied. – "Ok, so we will not talk... least just take some drinks... it's 'happy hour' in one new bar in Rosewood... I don't wanna go alone so come with me..."

Emily was avoiding eye-contact as the blonde was repeating "Please" over and over...

Emily sighed. – "I-I..." (She put her hands on the pockets of her pant and said ashamed looking down) "I can't... I don't have money to expend in drinks... sorry..."

Alison. – "It will be my treat..."

Emily sighed and Alison cupped Emily's face with her hands, forcing her to see her; Emily gulped seeing so close the blue eyes of the blonde...

Alison smirked. – "You can't tell 'NO' to me, Em..."

Emily chuckled under the declaration of the blonde; Alison was right, even after becoming an adult, after so many years apart, without being really close, in front of those blue eyes, she was once again the sweet shy Emily who will take the requests of the Queen Bee as a command to follow. One part of the brunette hated that Alison continued having so much power over her, but she couldn't fight it; she had tried it, but it was helpless...