I'm the love of your life - CH 01

Hi! Here we're again with another mini Emison story. It's an AU, no -A or anything like that. This story has been inspired by the song on my way of Jlo. Hope u enjoy it :)

I'm the love of your life - CH 01

When did we become so cynical? When did we lose our faith in love? If you ask Alison when that happened, she probably would say it all started with her parents' marriage. The DiLaurentis were nothing more than a pose, a perfectly arranged marriage, which brought lots of things, except for love.

While growing up, Alison's vision about love was nothing more than two frustrated people who barely tolerated each other. And, maybe that was the big reason why she never dreamed of dating anyone. No crushes, no dates for formal dances. Some people started to wonder what her 'thing' was. Was she into boys? Into girls? Into something at all?

Well, Alison was really into something. Something that captivated her eyes, her mind at a young age and that was Math. Numbers never lie. Formulas don't cause problems, they solve them and Math, well Math was the only authentic, truthful thing Alison had in life till the celebration of her 30's.

"I swear to god, Alison. I'll drag you out of this bed if I've to!"

The blonde rolls her eyes, like every Friday night, she was already in bed, reading a book when her cousin, Spencer came into her place, with the only intention to celebrate Alison's birthday.

"Spencer, I already put on my pajamas"

"And? Just change your clothes!"

"Spence, I've a class tomorrow, at first hour"

"And? You're the teacher! You decide when the class starts!"

"Ha-ha-ha, very funny, but that's not how our school system works. Besides, I don't think the Principal would appreciate if I arrive late or worse, with a hangover"

"Well, since I'm the Principal, I'm pretty sure you'll have a free pass, at least this time"

"Who are you and what have you done with Spencer? Because my cousin is all about rules and no fun"

"Well, you might be right, but I thought we should change that, at least tonight"

"Why?"

Spencer sighs, she doesn't give a clear answer and for a second Alison wonders if she should push for an answer or not but to solve any equation, she needs more facts than variables, so, she asks again, she pushes for an answer and she gets it, even if she feels bad after it.

"Oh, Spence. I'm so sorry, I really thought you would get back together"

"I know, me too, but he said that he needed more fun in his life and less stress... so, it's over... for real, this time"

She has never looked at Spencer like this before. So beaten, so out of herself. This proves her once again that love is nothing more than misery. Nothing good comes from falling in love or believing in love. You might call her cynical, coward, but Alison doesn't regret her choices. She's fine without love in her life and Spencer will be fine too... probably after a set of shots of tequila and that's how they finished here, in a bar.

"Jesus, Spencer. Calm down, it's not water!"

"C'mon, Ali. Just for tonight. Can you pretend to be fun?"

"Shut up, Hanna! I don't know what the hell are you doing here"

"Spencer invited me..."

"You did?!"

"I just said I was paying for the drinks tonight"

"And, who am I to say no to free drinks?"

Alison and Spencer roll their eyes. Really, they don't know how this girl can be a teacher. A teacher of arts for Lord Sake! And, Hanna asks herself the same question every day because seriously, she was born to be a star! To be on tours and get paid to play her music, but, for now, teaching music at the school must do it, at least to pay the bills.