Chapter 75: To the rescue

*Drip*Drip*

The sound of water droplets echoed.

Inside the cold and dark room, there's a cage with a girl inside.

Misomi who was being locked up was shivering in the corner of the cage. She sat quietly while hugging her legs closely to her chest, trying to find every bit of warmth she could get in the cold place.

How long has it been? I wonder how many days has it been since I was locked up here...

Same thoughts kept running through her mind ever since she got locked up. But the biggest question in her head was definitely...

Will I be locked up here forever...?

Thinking about that, she once again fall into fear.

It was peaceful and quiet when suddenly,

"W-Who are you!? You're not a- Ahhhhh!"

The sound of the guard struggling and shouting could be heard.

Misomi who heard that got even more scared. She cuddled even more into the corner trying to hide away.

*Slam!*

The loud sound of the door bursting open.

Then after that, the footstep of the person that seemed to have caused all the ruckus could be heard. The footstep was getting louder and closer, telling Misomi that whoever it is, is coming closer to where her cage was at.

Misomi earnestly prayed that whoever it is, they wouldn't come to her. But it wasn't the case.

Right after, the sound of several metal falling to the ground was made. Misomi knew that whoever it is, once again is here for her. She trembled even more knowing that fact.

"Misomi!"

When she heard that voice, all of a sudden her body stopped trembling. It was as if all the fear that she had accumulated all this time had been washed away by a single voice that called out for her name. It was a very familiar voice that she had longed been waiting for.

"Shin...-Sama...?" <Misomi>

Her voice trembled as she slowly looked up.

What she saw was the one thing that she had been waiting for all this time. The sight of Shin coming to her rescue and saving her.

She quickly got up and ran towards Shin.

"Woah, there. Take it easy, everything's fine now." <Shin>

Maybe due to sitting on the ground the whole time, her legs gave in midway when she was running towards Shin.

But thankfully, Shin managed to catch her. And at that moment, she hug Shin tightly.

"Shin-Sama! Shin-Sama!" <Misomi>

Misomi was endlessly calling out Shin's name as tears kept flowing down her cheeks.

Shin warmly embraced her back and softly rubbed her head.

"Yes Misomi, it's me." <Shin>

Misomi didn't stop and continued calling out his name.

"I'm sorry, I should have come sooner." <Shin>

Shin was deeply hurt when he saw the state of Misomi. His blood and anger was boiling so much deep down that all he was thinking is to mercilessly kill the person who made Misomi like that. But he knows that right now, he should put aside such thoughts and only show a warm atmosphere for Misomi. He didn't want to scare her.