Chapter 20:

"Master, was it alright for you not to tell them that the cave was haunted?" <Misomi's Clone>

"..." <Misomi>

"Master...?" <Misomi's Clone>

"..."

Misomi did not respond.

It was not because she had nothing to say. But because it was a topic that she had just realised. Why? Because...

"I FORGOTTTT!!!!" <Misomi>

Misomi had forgotten to tell Shin that the cave was cursed. She felt extremely terrible for sending them on a quest that will endanger them because of her on selfishness. 

She then hurriedly tried to chase after them to warn them.

"Be right back, I will quickly find and tell them!" <Misomi>

As she was about to run off, her clone pulled her back by the collar.

"Don't.  It will be best if they don't know. They are probably out of the village by now. And besides, worse case scenario is that they die and nobody will know. But if there is a low chance that they survived, then... good luck, Master." <Misomi's Clone>

"What's that suppose to mean????? They will kill me if they returned!" <Misomi>

Ignoring her master's cries, the clone went back to the kitchen to clean and store the foods.

"Uuuuuu~ I'm done for..." <Misomi>

...

After confronting with that old man and leaving the village, the 3 people are now making their way to the Kirous Cave. 

Given directions to the cave by Misomi, they are following a convenient track that should lead to the cave. The track that is connected to the village leads them through an open field. Despite being an open field, the length of the track seems to be endless. Even so, they continued to walk along it, while also enjoying the breeze  and scenery.

"This is so refreshing! The wind is so cooling!" <Iris>

Iris is happily spinning in circles while enjoying the breeze.

The field is very wide. So wide that you would still see nothing but open field at all ends. And the only thing that colours this place up is the clear blue sky.

While Iris was enjoying herself, Shin and Shana are walking behind her. 

"Shin, what do you think about what that kid said?" <Shana>

"About which part?" <Shin>

"Ignoring the part where he bad mouth you, I am referring to the thing he said regarding the cave being cursed." <Shana>

"Well, if it is cursed then that will make it interesting. If it isn't, that would suck." <Shin>

"For you, I guess it's true" <Shana>

Forgetting about what they just talked about, Shana took the opportunity to cuddle Shin's arm and satisfy herself since Iris is too busy having fun alone.

They then continued following the endless track through the open field.

...

It took some time, but they finally reached the end of the track in the open field. Standing in front of a split in the track, now there are 2 paths that would lead to the cave. At this point, Misomi did no tell them which path to take.

However, even without that information, they knew which one to follow. 

The 2 paths in front of them is coloured differently. Even the aura between them is different.