Chapter 25:

*Knock*Knock*

"Cominggggg!" <Misomi>

While feeding her sick mother, Misomi heard a knock on the door.

"Mother, I'll be right back." <Misomi>

Too weak to say anything, her mother just nodded.

Misomi put the bowl of soup on the side table and went out to open the door.

"May I help y-!" <Misomi>

As she opened the door half way through, she suddenly realised who it was.

"Yo!" <Shin>

Seeing Shin, Misomi got surprised. Her eyes were wide opened in shock.

"What's with that face? Didn't expect to see us?" <Shin>

"Ah, eh? N-No no! It's just... Just that I didn't expect you guys to come back so fast...?" <Misomi>

"Really? Or did you expect us to not return at all, hmm?" <Shin>

"..." <Misomi>

Hearing Shin say that, Misomi felt troubled.

What he said wasn't wrong. She had little hope that they would return. The request she had asked was a very dangerous one. Most people who she had asked in the past either gave up or died. Shin was no exception. So having them returned safely was new to her. She did not know how to react.

Even more, she did not even tell them that the cave was cursed and their life could be at stake. Since no such warning was given, it is certain that the party will get mad at them and demand an insurance or some sort.

So now that Shin is implying that she had purposely sent them to their deaths, she have no choice but to apologize. And even more, compensate to them for risking their lives in one way or another.

Thinking of such things made her really troubled and depressed.

Seeing her make such an expression, Shin felt kinda bad. He did not mean to deprive her that much. He just wanted to tell her that she should be honest when it comes to such things.

"Alright, that's enough. Shin-Sama, that was a bit mean, don't you think?" <Iris>

"Yeah... I went a little bit overboard, my bad." <Shin>

To erase the weird atmosphere suddenly, Iris stepped in to the conversation.

"Misomi-San, can we come in? We would like to talk inside if you don't mind?" <Iris>

"O-Of course! Please come in..." <Misomi>

As they entered, they made their way to the dining table where they had their meal earlier and sat down.

After everyone was seated, Misomi realised there was a new face among them.

Shin noticed that Misomi was curious of Kagura.

"I will introduce her to you later. For now I would like to talk about the request you gave us this morning." <Shin>

"Y-Yes..." <Misomi>

She instantly hung her head down after knowing the topic that they were going to discuss now.

"Well then, I wanna ask, did you know that the cave where the Obnova flower is located was cursed?" <Shin>

"Yes." <Misomi>

"May I know why you did not tell us that?" <Shin>

"Well... To be honest... It's because I-" <Misomi>