Chapter 59: Réunion

(Sorry for the late chapter, just returned from an outfield mission...)

"You and your entourage are the only ones left. What are you gonna do now? If you ask me, I think you should leave. I don't think you can proceed with your plan." <Adolf>

Adolf said as he walked towards them.

"Shit!" <Hank>

It was a deadlock for Hank.

He looked to the side and also saw that the 20 men that he brought with him had all been taken out by the two girls who were with Yuna.

Now that the plan is a bust, there was no choice but to retreat. He made a raging sound as he slowly walked off limping.

"Well, good job there lady. Though it would have been better if you didn't get injured at all." <Adolf>

Yuna just made a complicated smile at that remark.

Rita and Mei returned after they piled up the 20 unconscious bodies.

"Let's get back to the capital. We need to get your injuries treated." <Mei>

"Yeah. You were really reckless. I know you got your strength back but to get this hurt still. You're a very troublesome leader aren't you?" <Rita>

"Well, it's been awhile since I used my original strength, so I got carried away." <Yuna>

As they were about to be on their way, the door to the warehouse suddenly opened. A guy with red hair came out.

"Adolf, is it over yet? It took longer than you-"

As he got out, he asked Adolf in order to confirm whether the matters outside had been settled yet. However, he saw that there were other people who were with him. And one of them was someone who he was very familiar with.

He had a very shocked expression as he saw her.

"Yuna?"

The person that was called out to also had the same expression on her face.

"Eh, Eric...?" <Yuna>

The two stared at each other in disbelief.

"Oh? You two know each other? That's surprising." <Adolf>

Adolf was genuinely surprised that they knew each other. Considering their difference in background, one was a adventurer while the other a noble. But, seeing how they reacted seeing one another, it seems background didn't matter.

"Yuna... H-Hey... Its been awhile, hasn't it? Haha..." <Eric>

Eric realised that it was really Yuna and suddenly became flustered. They hadn't seen each other in a while, and even more, he had been trying to avoid and hide from her all this time.

To suddenly see each other again out of the blue, was unexpected.

Yuna on the other hand was filled with a feeling of longing. The moment she realised that he was really Eric, her heart melted. She had been looking for him for so long. And to suddenly meet, she felt emotional.

She forgot about her injuries and ran towards Eric. She then hugged him.

"Eric! It's really you..." <Yuna>

"Y-Yuna... Its been awhile, hasn't it?" <Eric>

Eric still felt guilty for avoiding her all this time. Especially knowing that she had been trying to find her all this time.

But, Yuna's mood suddenly changed. She separated from Eric and then started scolding him.

"Where have you been!? Do you know how hurt I was when I heard you got banished? To not even contact me all this time, you're the worst..." <Yuna>

Her scolding instantly changed as she started shedding tears.

Eric who saw that felt even worst. He knew Yuna really cared for him. And to betray such feelings, he felt even worse than when his father banished him. But all that came out from his mouth are nothing buy apologies. He had no excuses to justify his actions.

"I'm really sorry... I have no excuses." <Eric>

Yuna wiped away her tears.

"From now on, you're gonna make it up to me. You'll have to do whatever I say," <Yuna>

"Ah..." <Eric>

Eric again felt a bit troubled. He had sworn his loyalty to help Shin.

"I don't know if I can fulfill everything you ask. I... I'm currently indebted to someone. So I am helping him now." <Eric>

"Indebted? To who? Tell me and I will talk with them." <Yuna>

"Ah. No... You don't have to. He's a busy guy." <Eric>

"Are you really gonna abandon me again?" <Yuna>

"N-No! I'm not! I just..." <Eric>

As Eric was thinking of an excuse, he finally realised that Yuna was injured. Maybe their sudden reunion made him unaware, but now that he noticed it, he got worried.

"You're hurt!" <Eric>

"Ah, it's nothing." <Yuna>

"No you're not! You're bleeding! Ah! Wait here!" <Eric>

Eric ran back inside the warehouse. A few minutes later he returned. He came back with a bottle with him.

"Here drink this!" <Eric>

Eric handed Yuna the bottle.

"What's this?" <Yuna>

"It's a potion. It will surely heal your wounds!" <Eric>

Yuna looked at the bottle in her hand, and then looked at Eric. It looked familiar. The same as the ones sold at Guardian. She was curious how he has it.

Thinking abit, she trust Eric and drank the potion.

Immediately the recovery came into effect. The wound on her arm closed up, and the blood stopped dripping.

"Amazing... Isn't this the potion sold in Guardian? Eric, did you buy it?" <Yuna>

"Ah! Err, ye-yeah..." <Eric>

"Hmm..." <Yuna>

Yuna was suspicious of how he answered. She knows Eric well. Ever since they were young, Eric would always fumble with his words whenever he tried to lie. So seeing how he did the same, that means he's hiding something.

"Haah... Whatever you're hiding, I will find out sooner or later. Now that we've reunited, I will not let you run away from me again." <Yuna>

"Yeah... I won't." <Eric>

Eric had a smile on his face. He's really happy to reunite with his childhood friend again.