Chapter 35:

Author's Notes:
(I'm posting another one of my stories that I wrote. Just want to see how it goes, give it a try, and tell me what you guys think xD. The name is 'The Vampire Princess And Her Childrens'. Don't ask me about the name, Idk either AHAHAHA. Don't worry, I'll still write this one until I finish this arc and whatever characters I want to introduce.)

After visiting the mansion they just bought, they made their way to the alchemist house for their quest.

Going back through the checkpoint, they followed the directions on the map given by Fina. The directions led them through in between buildings before they came out to an open space. The place was covered with trash and junks. And in the middle of the open space was a bit rundown house. There were smokes coming out from one of the window, smell of something burning was also in the air, and then...

*BOOM*

A loud explosion suddenly erupted from the house. It didn't cause the house to explode, but tons of smokes began rising out from the house. A foul stench was emitting from the house as well.

Shin and the rest quickly pinch their nose to block off the unbearable smell, before Shana created a invisible barrier around them. After that the air was back to normal.

"What happened...?" <Iris>

"Must be another failed experiment, I assume." <Shin>

Suddenly a figure could be seen from within the smoke. A man in white coat with a gas mask on his face emerged. Going out from the smoke-filled house, he took off his mask.

"Damn! Was it wrong as well?" <???>

The man grumbled to himself.

"Yo! Are you Albert Acsperi?" <Shin>

"Huh? Yes, that's me." <Albert Acsperi>

Hearing someone calling out to him, he turned around to see who it was.

"Do you need something from me?" <Albert Acsperi>

"We're here for the quest you made to the adventurers guild." <Shin>

"What!? Really!?" <Albert Acsperi>

Knowing that finally someone accepted that quest, Albert was ecstatic.

It's been about a month since he listed the quest to the adventurers guild. He knew full well the reason why, but still left it listed. Hoping that maybe some unconcerned people who barely knows him would take it.

"Yeah. Here's the proof." <Shin>

Shin showed the quest paper to Albert.

After looking through the quest paper, he nodded.

"Okay, This is legit. Thanks for accepting the quest. Let's get in and have a seat." <Albert Acsperi>

After the smokes seemed to have cleared out and the smell were gone, Shin and the rest were led inside Albert's house.

Going into the one storey house, the inside was filled with a bunch of test tubes and various science apparatus that Shin can roughly identify. The whole house was a mess. There were tables with a lot of glass bottles with different words plastered on them. Looking at them, it seems to be various ingredients used for Albert's experiments.

They were then gestured to have a seat at the sofas that was surprisingly clean, unlike the rest of the house. Albert sat on the single sofa.

"Before I brief you the details of the quest, I want to know why you accepted it." <Albert Acsperi>