35. just a social call

~~~~♛~~~~

Things seem to be getting out of control

Things seem to be getting out of control. With Arthur sickness, and Micah convincing Dutch of things, I feel like things are getting close to an end. I just hope as many people as possible can get out safely before it's too late.

You close your journal and look up at Dutch, who is still asleep on the bed. You woke up early but didn't want to leave him, so you sat on the floor next to the bed. It had been a while since you had written in your journal. It was almost therapeutic to get your feelings down on paper.

Dutch starts to move in the bed as he wakes up. His eyes move to you and he smiles. "What are you doing on the ground?" he asks.

"Just writing. Didn't want to leave." You responded with a smile. He sat up and started getting dressed.

"I'm uh, sorry how I acted yesterday when you came back with John. I know you guys did what you had to do." He said tying his boots. You looked at him and nodded.

"I should probably go see what Micah wanted." He said standing up and walking out of the tent. You tightened your jaw as you thought about what bad ideas Micah was going to put into Dutch's head.

You walked out of the tent and over to the fire to pour yourself a cup of coffee. Sadie walked up next to you, pouring herself a cup. "So how'd it go last night?" She asked.

"It was nice. He finally let his guard down. But first thing this morning he went back to Micah." You said while taking a sip of your coffee. "Im trying to figure out where to go from here."

"What do you mean?" Sadie asked.

"This whole thing is ending very soon, and I just want Dutch to go the right way." You explain. After a few moments of silence, Sadie changes the subject to lighten the mood. You both talk for a while when you saw Dutch walking up to you, with Micah closely following behind. "y/n, could you find Arthur and meet Micah and I in Annesburg?" He asked.

"Yeah, why what's going on?" You responded.

"I don't want to discuss it here, just meet us a soon as you can." He said with a slight smile. You could tell he had something on his mind, and god only knows what Micah told him now.

"Okay, Arthur and I will meet you guys there." You smiled back.

Dutch nods and walks off with Micah. You weren't sure what this could possibly be about, but you knew it wouldn't be good. You wandered around camp until you saw Arthur walking up the hill from the river. You slowly made you way over to him, with an unsure look on your face. "What's bother you?" He asked.

"Dutch wants us to meet him and Micah in Annesburg. I have a bad feeling about it." You said, kicking the dirty beneath you.

Arthur huffed. "You know it's no good if Micah is involved. We should get over there before anything bad happens."

You nodded, and you both turned to walk towards the horses. It felt like Dutch realized that Micah was up to no good, but of course it was to good to be true. You and Arthur sattled up and headed towards Annesburg. It was quiet most of the way, some conversations of life filled some of the silence, but you both were worried about what you were walking into.

As you arrived to town, you and Arthur hitched your horses at the gunsmith. You gave eachother one last "I hope this doesn't end with the whole town dead" look at walked across the street. You walked up to the house Dutch told you to meet him at. As Arthur approached the door, Micah flew out and pinned him against the wall.

"Was you followed?" Micah yelled.

"No." Arthur responded fighting back.

"Was your followed?" Micah yelled again.

"Micah, he said no!" You yelled pulling them off of each other. Micah stepped back and laughed.

"What is your problem?" Arthur yelled at him, coughing afterwards.  Micah raised an eyebrow. "What's your problem partner? You don't look so good."

You looked at Arthur quickly. "What's wrong with you?" You asked looking back at Micah.

"Nothings wrong with me, I'm fit as a fiddle." He responded.

"Not inside you ain't." Arthur said rolling his eyes. You turned your head as you saw Dutch approaching from behind you. "Micah reckoned there's a rat." He said looking up at the group.

"On what evidence?" Arthur asks.

"We was only back a minute, Pinkertons show up." Micah explained.

"We pushed things to far, maybe time for folks like us is passed, we don't need a rat. We got sloppier than the town drunk." Arthur responded.

You sat back as the boys argued. The word rat floated around your mind. Could there really be a rat? Who could it be? As if things couldn't get any worse. You snapped back into the real world when you heard Micah mention Cornwall.

"It's time to go. Let's head to the river." Dutch said turning to walk away.

"This better not be no stupid revenge mission Dutch" Arthur said.

"Oh Arthur, it's just a simple social call." Dutch responded putting his hand on Arthur shoulder. Dutch's eyes connected with you, giving a simple nod, before walking of. You looked over at Arthur who was just shaking his head.

"So what are we going to say to him?" You asked, finally speaking up.

"He has been hunting us since Valentine y/n. He is the reason Hosea got killed. His sugar business, is destroying the people of Guarma. This town is his town, he bought it to hurt these folks." Dutch answered.

"These are wrongs that you can't fix Dutch. We are wanted men." Arthur said.

"Then why did you two go for John against my wishes?" Dutch asked. You and Arthur just looked at eachother. You could see Micah's face but you knew he had one of those smirks plastered across his face.

You ended up walking to the dock. "Cornwalls boat is due any minute, let's get down behind these creates." Dutch said kneeling down behind a large box. You got down behind a barrel. You took a deep breath, hoping nothing would go wrong, but with Micah involved you know that wasn't the case.

Just a social call my ass.