7. party

~~~~♛~~~~

You were sitting on a log next to the campfire, as the gang drank and sang songs

You were sitting on a log next to the campfire, as the gang drank and sang songs. You were laughing and swaying along as you had a few drinks yourself. Arthur was sat next to you. He had his arm draped around your shoulder and was swaying and singing along as well. As time went on, Arthur left the circle, but you stayed as stories were being shared about how people joined the gang. Micah claimed he saved Dutch at a bar, but you didn't think anyone believed him.

As you felt the buzz of the alcohol fade, you got up to get another beer. The crate was sitting next to Dutch's tent. While grabbing a beer, you heard music being played. You walked around the tent to see Arthur dancing with Mary-Beth. You chuckled at his poor dancing skills. Your eyes then traveled to the pair of dancing people next to them.

You saw Dutch dancing with Molly. You were confused. You watched as he whispered something into her ear. Her face turned red and she giggled. You only wonder what he had said. You watched as his eyes roamed her body and he bit his lip. You wanted to look away but you couldn't.

You knew you and Dutch were far from being anything, but he wouldn't have kissed you if he was already with someone else would he?

You were finally able to pull yourself away from the scene and walking towards the edge of camp. You sat down in the same spot you sat the night before when you woke up from your nightmare. You put your head in your hands a sighed. You took a big swig of your drink and looked off into the distance. You were more confused about what was going on with Dutch than you had been before. After a while of sitting alone, you heard someone walking towards you. You turned to see Arthur coming over with two beers in hand.

"I figured you were getting low." He said handing you a bottle.

"Thanks Arthur." You said gladly taking it.

"What happened? A few minutes ago you were having fun and now your drinking by yourself looking sad." Arthur said.

"Just thinking." You said looking off in the distance. "I never got a chance to hear much about Molly, what's her deal?" You said. You tried to make it so it sounded like a conversation starter, but it was obvious you were trying to get information.

Arthur chuckled, "well, her and Dutch... I don't know how to explain it. One day they are in love and the next she's screaming at him. I believe he truly cares about her, but he just gets overwhelmed."

You felt a bit of pain in your heart. "Oh I didn't know he was in a relationship?" You said.

"Yeah I would say him and her are together. She doesn't like anyone else in camp so he must be the only reason she stays." He responded.

"Huh interesting." You said. You didn't know if you were more sad or angry. At least you figured out what was really wrong with Dutch earlier.

You took a big swig of beer, feeling the warmth from the drink coat your chest, and you stood up. "You know what, I'm going to have a good time, no ones going to ruin it." You said.

Arthur stood up too. "I have no idea what your talking about, but hell yeah let's party." He said.

You laughed. "Let's go."

You both walked back into camp. You grabbed another beer and chugged it down. You knew drinking had gotten you in trouble in the past, but at this point, you didn't care what happened.

You walked over to the fire and sat down next to Javier who was playing his guitar.

"Play a fun one!" You said leaning into him. He laughed at your drunken state.

"Si hermosa." He said.

He started to play a song and everyone started singing. "I wanna dance!" You yelled standing up. You grabbed Lennys hand and pulled him up with you. "Let's dance Lenny."

He laughed and started to dance with you. Everyone watch as you let loose for the first time since being with the group. You got little cheers from the group as they watched. You looked over to see Dutch standing outside his tent, his eyes watching your every move. You rolled your eyes.

As the night continued, so did the drinks. You ended up sitting at a table in camp with Javier, John, and Bill. You were sharing stories about your family, stories you probably wouldn't share if you were sober. Throughout the night you moved closer and closer to Javier. You ended up sitting right next to him, his arm draped over your shoulder. He was also pretty drunk at this point.

"You know y/n, you are too pretty to be sad all the time." Javier said.

"I'm not sad all the time." You said back.

"You always sulk around camp." He responded.

"I'm not sulking now, I'm having fun!" You said leaning in closer to him.

Dutch was watching the whole interaction from his tent. He watched as Javier whispered something into your ear and you giggle in response.

"Dutch, you should lay down, I don't remember the last time you slept." Molly said to him concerned.

"I'm going for a walk." He said without looking at her. He began to walk past the table to go to the edge of camp.

"Boss!" Javier yelled. "Sit down with us my friend! Y/n is telling us stories from her childhood. Very rambunctious this one." He said rubbing your head and messing up your hair.

Dutch stopped at looked at you two. "Maybe you guys should lay off the drinks." He said.

You stood up. "Maybe you should have a few grumpy pants." You said furrowing you're eyebrows.

He turned to face you, his face turning red and his hands forming fists.

"Maybe you should have told me about Molly." You said stepping closer to me.

"Be quiet Miss. l/n." He said.

"Why? You upset I'm confronting you about it?" You stepped closer to him. You whispered so only he could hear you. "Maybe I'll go over and tell her about our night."

He became even angrier. "You should watch your mouth Miss l/n."

You felt a pair of hands on your shoulders. "Y/n, maybe we should get to bed." Javier said from behind you, making sure the interaction wouldn't go any further.

"I'm gonna go with Javier, someone who's not afraid to show me affection in front of people and not hide it like a jackass." You said wanting to get the last word in.

You turned around and walked off with Javier. You smiled as you felt accomplished. You knew you were going to regret what you did in the morning, but he deserved it. Javier walked you over to your bed. "I like happy y/n, she should come out more." He said. He kisses your forehead and walked off to his bed.

You laid down and sighed. It had felt like the longest day of your life. You knew tomorrow would be even worse, you could already feel the migraine. You quickly fell asleep, dreading what tomorrow would bring.