22. dress shopping

~~~~♛~~~~

It was a few days after Jacks return and almost time for the party Angelo Bronte invited Dutch to

It was a few days after Jacks return and almost time for the party Angelo Bronte invited Dutch to. Dutch has told you that him, Arthur, Bill, Hosea, and you would be attending. You planned on going to get a dress today.

"What kind of dress should I get? I've never been to anything like this." You asked Arthur as he sat next to you and drew in his journal.

"I haven't either, just get something fancy, I'm sure you'll fit in." He responded not looking up.

You watched as Arthur concentrated on whatever he was drawing. You slowly start to lift your head to try and peak in before he slams it shut. "Not happening." He said sternly.

"Why!" You pouted.

"I don't go reading your journal!" He snapped back.

"Yes you did." You said furrowing you're eyebrows.

Arthur thought for a moment. "Oh yeah." He stood up. "Well I gotta go, I'm meeting Mary in town."

"Mary?" You said raising your eyebrow with a smirk.

"Just helping her out." He said rolling his eyes.

"I better get all the details when you get back!" You yelled as he walked away. You smiled and scanned camp to see what everyone was doing. Dutch had been out of camp all morning looking for some more leads with Hosea. You looked to your left to see Javier making his way over to you. You greeted him with a smile as he sat down next to you. "You ready to go out and do something?" He asked.

You totally forgot you told him you would go out into town with him a few days ago. "Actually I have to go get a dress for that stupid party with Bronte if you want to come with me?" You said to him. He nodded. "Okay I'll be ready in a few minutes."

Javier made his way to the horses while you stayed sitting for a moment. He hadn't done anything 'romantic' with you recently so you hoped that meant his feelings were gone, but you weren't sure. You finally stood up and made your way over to meet him. You mounted up and headed out of camp.

"Bill, in a suit? I dread to see the day." Javier said as you explained the party.

"Yeah well what about me in a dress? I haven't worn one of them since I was five!" You responded back.

He laughed, "the difference is you will look good. Bill on the other hand..."

"I'm sure he will look fine all dressed up." You said trying to support the man who always gets picked on.