44. I know a place

~~~~♛~~~~

The sound of the gunshot filled the air

The sound of the gunshot filled the air. Silence then took over what was left of camp, all that could be heard were birds chirping off in the distance. You moved your hand to put your gun away, turning around do you wouldn't have to see Micahs lifeless body laying on the ground. Everyone else slowly put their guns down aswell, except for Javier and Bill, who still had ahold of Cleet and Joe. 

"Dutch..."

Before you can even speak, Dutch cuts you off by pulling you into a tight hug. 

"y/n... Im so sorry. I don't know who I have become the past couple of months. I don't understand why you've stuck by my side through this, but thank you, thank you for making everything clear for me." Dutch confessed, holding you in his arms the whole time. 

You didn't respond, you didn't need to. You pulled back from him and just smiled. It was finally over. Sure there were still a lot of things to figure out, but this felt like a new start. There were still some loose ends to tie up though. You looked behind Dutch to see John and Arthur. Dutch took a deep breath and turned to face them. "My boys..."

"I think we should take a walk for this conversation." Arthur spoke up before Dutch could continue.

Dutch nodded, agreeing that this was a conversation they needed to have in private. He quickly turned to face Javier and Bill. "You two, get rid of these rats. And then I need you to get out of here. Go somewhere safe and start new."

There was a brief moment of silence, as it set in that this was the last time they would see Dutch. "Yes boss." Bill responded, Javier just gave a nod. 

Dutch turned back towards Arthur and John, "Lets walk."

Dutch, John, and Arthur began walking off, Arthur fell behind to speak to you quick. "Thank you y/n" is all he managed to get out before he turned to catch up to the boys. 

You smiled as you watched them walk off. You knew they were probably going to have a hard conversation but it was needed. You turned to face Bill and Javier.

"Lets go Javier." Bill grunted picking up Joe.

Javier looked up at you. "One minute."

Javier quickly hogtied Cleet so he could go anywhere, and made his way to you.

"I don't really know what to say y/n... but thank you. Thank you for sticking by Dutch, and allowing all of us to get out of here alive. I don't know where we are going next, but I hope maybe one day we can see each other again." Javier softy spoke.

You smiled and pulled Javier into a tight hug. "Stay safe Javier. I better not see your name in the newspaper anytime soon." you joked.

He shook his head at you comment and started to head back towards Bill. "Goodbye y/n" he said.

"Goodbye Javier." You responded. "You stay out of the newspapers too Bill!" you yelled.

Bill rolled his eyes, but then let out a small chuckle. "See you later y/n." 

Javier and Bill pulled both Cleet and Joe to their feet, and made their way out of camp. it was bittersweet saying goodbye to Javier. You both had become good friends over your months with the gang, but knowing he was getting out safe was the most important thing on your mind. 

You turned to see Ms. Grimshaw picking up the last few things around camp. She started making her way towards you, looking at Micah as she walked by his body. "Thank god I will never have to hear his voice again." she said.

You let out a light chuckle. "What are your plans now?" You asked her. 

"Im not too sure, but I'm going to hop on that horse and never look back." she responded. "Take care of him y/n. Ive never seen him be this way over a girl, not even..." she trailed off. "well never mind the past. Thank you for everything you've done for us." she finished. 

She looked behind you to see the boys walking back to camp. "Well, Im going to get out of here so I don't have to say anymore goodbyes. Be safe y/n." She smiled.

"You too." You responded. 

Ms. Grimshaw picked up her things and headed towards the horses. You watched as he mounted up, and headed out of camp. You turned around to see the three boys with smiles on their faces, meaning their conversation went well. John was the first to come up to you. 

"Im going to find Abigail and Jack. Please y/n, take care of yourself." He said.

"I will. You better take extra good care of your family. You're lucky to have them." You responded.

"Trust me, Im never letting them go again." He pulled you into a brief hug. "Goodbye y/n"

"Goodbye John". You watched as he gave Dutch and Arthur one last hug. As he was walking away, you noticed he had Arthurs satchel and hat. You felt a small tang of pain in your heart. You quickly turned to look at Arthur.

"Im going to let you two talk." Dutch said, rubbing your arm as he walked off.

"Listen to me y/n. I need you to take good care of yourself. You're a good girl, and don't let anyone make you think any differently. If Dutch ever tries to pull this shit again, promise me you will put yourself first this time." Arthur spoke.

Tears started to fill your eyes, "I promise."

Arthur chucked "No you don't, you will always put the people you love before yourself, that's the biggest thing I've learned about you." He quickly wiped on of your tears away. "I hate that this is goodbye, but I know you are going to do great things y/n"

You pulled Arthur into a tight hug. You never dreamed of having a friend like Arthur. You also never dreamed about how hard it would be to say goodbye to him.

"Here, I wanted to give this to you." Arthur said, pulling his journal out of his pocket. "You suck at drawing, I thought maybe you could use this to work on your skills."

You rolled your eyes and punched his shoulder. "Thank you Arthur." 

He put his hand on your shoulder one last time. "Take care y/n."

"Goodbye Arthur." you said, managing to smile.

You watched as Arthur made his way over to his horse. You felt Dutch come up behind you and put his hands on your shoulders. Arthur turned around one more time, nodding his head slightly, before riding out of camp. 

"Y/n, I just want to thank you again." Dutch started.

"Theres plenty of time for that later. We should get out of here before any Pinkertons show up." You said cutting him off. 

"Where are we going to go?" He asked.

"I know a place."