14. moonshine

~~~~♛~~~~

You worked on chores around the camp for most of the morning

You worked on chores around the camp for most of the morning. Washed clothes, helped Pearson with the food. You were sitting on the edge of camp taking a break when Javier approached you.

"Hey y/n." He said sitting down next to you.

"Hey Javier" you smiled to him.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, noticing you staring off into the distance.

"So many things. I really should get a journal and write it all down." You chuckled.

"I can't imagine all the things your dealing with, this life and all." He said.

"Actually, this is the happiest I've been in a while. I finally have a family again." You said looking at him.

He smiled at you. "You know we will always be here. Dutch will keep us together."

Your conversation was cut off by Arthur coming over. "Y/n, you ready to head into town to meet Dutch?" He asked.

"Yep Let's go, see ya Javier." You said. He nodded as a goodbye and you followed Arthur to the horses.

"Do you have any ideas of what Dutch has in mind with the Sheriff?" You asked.

"No clue, but he had a plan." Arthur said.

You rode into town and made your way to the sheriffs office. You could hear Dutch's loud voice from outside. Arthur opened the door and let you walk in first.

"Ah! Here is my dear friend Arthur Callahan. Boy is a hunter, boy is a killer." He made his way over to you. He placed his hand on your lower back. "And this is my beautiful wife y/n Macintosh." You looked up and smiled at Dutch, and then looked to see Arthur shaking his head with a smile.

"Arthur, y/n, this is Sheriff Gray."

Sheriff Gray started talking to Arthur, you could smell the Alcohol on his breath. He was holding a bottle of moonshine. He handed it to Arthur and he took a swig. "Strong stuff."

Arthur handed it to Dutch and he also took a sip. He looked at you, asking if you wanted any, but you shook your head no.

"Excuse me a moment." Sheriff Gray said before stumbling outside.

"I told you we were moving up in the world, deputies" Dutch said handing Arthur a badge.

"Have you lost your mind." Arthur said to Dutch.