37. conversations

~~~~♛~~~~

The cool wind hit your face as you rode through the Heartlands

The cool wind hit your face as you rode through the Heartlands. The sounds of birds chirping filled your ears. After a long night of thinking, you decided all you could is talk with Dutch. You had to stand your ground and not let anyone, especially Micah, get in the way.

You hoped you wouldn't get to much shit for not going back to camp last night, you didn't plan on not coming back, but you didn't want to see anyone from camp. The ride was long, but you ended up making it back just as most of the camp was waking up. You hitched up your horse, and slowly wandered into camp.

"Ah, the queen has returned." You hear from the one person in camp who makes you want to get right back on your horse and leave again. You tried waking past him but he grabbed your arm. "I was hoping you wouldn't come back, I feel like your out to hurt Dutch" he says.

"You don't know what your talking about Micah, now leave me alone." You said yanking your arm away from him.

You heard him chuckle to himself as he walked away. You rolled your eyes and wandered over to where John and Sadie were standing.

"We was worried when you didn't come back last night." John said, taking a sip from his mug.

"Just needed to get away for the night, after that stunt Dutch and Micah pulled." You responded.

"Arthur told us about that. He's trying to get us all killed." Sadie chimed in.

"I need to talk to Dutch. See if I can do anything to stop all of this." You said.

"I really hope it works, I don't want us to go down like this." John said, a frown plastered across his face.

You took a sip of coffee before walking over to Dutch's tent. The flap was down, but you watched Micah leave so you knew he wasn't in there talking Dutch into doing something stupid again. You lifted the flap, Dutch's eyes leaving his book to look at you.

"About time you got back." He said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry I didn't come back, I just had a lot of my mind." You responded sitting next to him.

"Where did you go?" He asked. You could see a little worry in his eyes, maybe he did still care.

You chuckled a little. "You remember that little clearing you took me to right outside Horseshoe Overlook?" You asked.

"Where I kissed you for the first time?" He responded.

"That's the one, can't believe you remember."