42. be good, be safe

~~~~♛~~~~

"They came and took Abigail

"They came and took Abigail."

The group came to a stop as Tilly approached, Jack on the horse with her.

"I saved Jack. We hid but they took Abigail." She cried out.

"Who did?" Arthur asked.

"Agent Milton and his men, took her to Van Horn to be put on a boat and tried for murder." She responded.

"I am sorry to hear that." Dutch said, shaking his head.

"We gotta let her go." Micah spoke up. "Johns uh, well sorry son." He said looking at Jack. "We got a lot of money Dutch, she's just a girl. We need to keep riding"

"We are just gonna let the boy be an orphan?" Arthur argued.

"It ain't like that!" Dutch yelled back.

"It's just a girl." Micah repeated.

Dutch was silent for a moment, "your right."

"Dutch!" Arthur yelled.

"It pains me to say it Arthur, but he's right." Dutch responded.

Tears filled your eyes. It couldn't end like this. Jack couldn't be left alone.

"Come on." Dutch said, taking off to camp. Arthur just stood there, watching his ride off. You and Sadie stayed.

"Well I guess that's that then. All them goddamn years..." Arthur trailed off.

"Come on Arthur, let's go get her." Sadie said.

He thought for a moment, and nodded. "Miss Tilly, here take this." He said putting a sack of money on the back of her horse.  "Take Jack and you wait at Copperhead Landing, for Abigail and Mrs. Adler."

"Thank you Arthur." She said, tears forming in her eyes as well.

"Your a good girl, you live a good life now you hear?" He said back to her.

He turned and talked to Jack for a moment, telling him to be brave. Jack nodded as a response. Tilly rode off with him.

"Y/n..." Arthur turned to you.

"Let me help." You said.

"I need you to go back to camp. I need you to go back, grab your stuff, and leave." He pleaded.

"Arthur..." you wanted to change his mind.

"No. Go back, please." He responded.

You took a deep breath, and nodded. He was right. Him and Sadie could handle this. You needed to go back. But you didn't plan on leaving, not yet.

Arthur pulled you into a hug. "Be good, be safe."

You hugged him back, tighter than you ever have before. He let go, giving a last nod.

You looked up at Sadie, who nodded with a slight smile on her face. You got back on Anastasia and headed towards camp. You turned around once more, to watch Arthur and Sadie ride off.

You rode fast back to camp, wiping your eyes. You knew that wasn't goodbye, you weren't going to leave like that. When you arrived back at camp, everyone was packing up. Dutch walked over to you.

"Come on, we are getting out of here." He said.

You just stood there, looking at him. You breathed heavily, planning on what you were going to say. You've held your tongue for too long.

"Look what he's done to you." You blurted out.

"Excuse me?" Dutch asked.

"This is all his fault." You said pointing at Micah. "He is the reason all of this happened. John wouldn't be dead, you would have went for Abigail, you wouldn't be acting like this!"

He just stared at you. You couldn't read his face at all.

"What's all this yelling about?" Micah said approaching you.

"This is all your fault!" You yelled turning your attention to him. He laughed right in your face.

"This is how it was supposed to go Princess." He said.

"I'm going to kill you." You said. You fully planned on it, killing him right there, but Dutch wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you away before you could do anything. "Let me go!" You yelled.

"Y/n, come with me." He said.

You shot Micah a look before walking behind Dutch. Getting rid of Micah was a priority, but maybe talking to Dutch first would do some good.

You walked into his tent. He was about to say something, but you spoke up first.

"Why don't you see it Dutch? Why can't you see what everyone has done for you. What Arthur has done, what John did, what I'm doing. Why can you see it!"

He again, was just looking at you. He wanted to hear where you were going to take this.

"Everything has been for you! Except the things Micah is doing, that's for him. He doesn't care about you the way we do. Dutch... please. Leave with me. Forget him and leave with me, we can get away from all of this."

You could see his chest visibly rising and falling, as he took in everything you were saying. "I know the Dutch I love is still in there..." you trailed off.

Dutch looked down, no longer wanting to make eye contact with you. He knew you were right, he knew that leaving now, with you, would end this the best it could, but he wasn't ready to admit that. He wasn't ready to give up on the gang. The gang he worked so hard on. He took one more deep breath before looking back up at you. "Y/n, go pack your things."

You nodded and turned to walk out of his tent. You weren't sure if you got through to him or not, but either way you needed to pack, you needed to get out of camp tonight.