20. best birthday ever

~~~~♛~~~~

"Enjoy the food Miss l/n

"Enjoy the food Miss l/n. Happy Birthday." Pearson said handing you a plate of food.

"Thank you so much for this, I'm so grateful." You smiled at him.

"Thank Dutch, it was all his idea." Pearson said making a plate for himself. "Let's go join everyone at the fire."

You walked over to where mostly everyone was sitting. Abigail wasn't there, but you knew she was in no mood for a party, so you understood. Molly stood by a tree close enough to the action, but not anywhere she would be bothered. Micah sat back at the table sharpening his knife while watching the party unfold. You looked to see Javier patting the spot in between him and Arthur. You made your way over and sat down. Dutch stood on a crate by the fire so everyone could see him.

"I know we don't celebrate many birthdays, but Miss l/n here has done so much for us these past few months and I know we all care for her deeply." He started. You could see Molly roll her eyes from behind him and walk away. "Let's just have a good night and make sure she knows how happy we are to have her."

Everyone cheered and turned to face you. "Cmon, let's sing!" Sean yelled. With that everyone started singing happy birthday. You looked up to see Dutch smiling as your face lit up. You looked down as a tear stared to fall from your eye. Javier picked up your chin to see if you were okay.

"Thank you all so much. This is the first time I've felt like I belong somewhere in a long time." You said wiping your tears away. You turned to face Javier. "Let's here some of them songs I heard about."

He smiled and nodded. He began to play his guitar and everyone started singing. Arthur got up and came back with a crate of beer, handing bottles to everyone. You had no desire to drink so much that you get hungover like the last party, but one beer wouldn't hurt.

With that, everyone started to have a good time. The group got smaller as people began doing there own things. You were still at the fire with Javier, Arthur, Hosea, and Sean when Dutch came up and tapped your shoulder. He looked over to the trees in the distance, telling you to following him. Dutch walked off before you, getting a head start there. You got up and thanked everyone before walking off.

"Where are ya off too?" Micah yelled from the tree he was leaning on.

"Just need some air, had one to many drinks." You said trying to end the conversation.

"Hmm, okay." He said looking down at his knife he was still sharpening. You raised an eyebrow before walking off. You made your way to the tree line and spotted Dutch leaning on a tree.

"Do I have to watch out for Javier? Don't want him stealing you away from me." Dutch said with a smirk.

"There's zero feelings there." You chuckled.

"Maybe from you." He said raising an eyebrow.

Your rolled your eyes. You began to search your bag and pulled out the picture frame. "Here's that frame for the picture you wouldn't tell me about."

He took it from your hands. "This is perfect." He said admiring it.

"So where's the picture?" You asked.

"It hasn't been taken yet." He said opening a bag he brought with him. He turned and pulled out his camera. He set it up and clicked on the timer. He pulled you over to stand in front of the camera.

"What are you doing?" You laughed.

"Just look at the camera." He said. He stood behind you and snaked his arms around your waist. You both looked into the camera and smiled as the photo was taken. He quickly made his way to the camera to get the photo. You chuckled watching how excited he was.

His back faced you as he fiddled with the picture and the frame. When he turned around, he held out the frame for you. "Here's your birthday present."

You took the frame from his hands and admired to photo. You chewed on your lip, taking in every detail of the photo. You looked up and raised your eyebrow playfully. "I had to pay for my own birthday present?"

The smile fell from his face. "I'm kidding Dutch, I absolutely love it." You smiled. You quickly jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. He set you down and kissed your lips.

"Thank you so much, for all of this." You said to him.

"Anything for you darlin." He smirked.

"I love you." You said biting your lip.

"I love you too." He responded. He looked off for a moment to think. He snaked his arm around your waist and pulled you close to him. "You know, everyone's still at the party, you should meet me at my room and you can thank me some more." He said with a smirk.

"You're gross." You said hitting his chest. You then stood on your tippy toes to whisper in his ear. "I'll be there."

He licked his lips and chuckled before walking off. You took another moment to admire the photo. You wished you could put the photo out by your bed, but you knew you would have to hide it. You put it in your bag and walked back towards camp. You quickly stopped by your bed and put the picture frame under your pillow.

"How are you enjoying your party?" Arthur asked walking up behind you.

You turn to face him. "It was amazing. Thank you for going out and catching something to eat."

"Where were you off to? I saw Dutch come back and go in the house, and you following." He asked.

You bit the inside of your cheek, not sure what to tell him. Arthur studied your face and then raised his eyebrows in realization.

"Nevermind, don't tell me. I'll cover you if anyone asks." He said with a wink.

"Thank you Arthur, your the best." You said giving him a quick hug, before making your way to the house. You made your way up to Dutch's room to find him waiting for you.

Best Birthday Ever.

——————————————————————————

authors note: soo I graduated high school today which is so crazy to me. I leave for college in 2 months so I have to start packing everything, but I will still try my best to update! thank you so much for the support on the story so far, hope you enjoy what's to come!