30. lost

~~~~♛~~~~

It had been five days since you helped Sadie and Charles move the gang

It had been five days since you helped Sadie and Charles move the gang. Charles and Abigail were able to steal Hosea's body from the law and give him a proper burial. Molly packed up her things and left. She couldn't deal with the lifestyle anymore. She wished you luck with Dutch before leaving. There had been no news from the boys yet, and you were starting to worry. But, your worries had been put behind you for the most part, because you and Sadie were trying to find as much information on John as you could. You were taking turns watching over the police station to see if there was any movement. You were sitting on the deck overlooking the swamp when Sadie walked up behind you.

"There's talk of moving him over to Sisika." She said pulling up a chair next to you.

"We should go, see if there's a way for us to get him out of there before he's hung." You responded.

"Good idea, let's go."

You both stood up and walked towards the horses. You passed by Charles who was sitting, cleaning his guns. "We are heading out to find out more about John, keep everyone safe, and be careful." You told him. He nodded as a response. You got on your horse and headed into Saint Denis.

It had been easy for you and Sadie to get information since neither of you were involved with the robbery. The law was focused on the boys.

As you rode up to the police station, you saw John being loaded onto a wagon. The officer put him in the back and locked the door. John sat with his head hanging down. The wagon started moving, you and Sadie following slowly behind it. Johns head turned to the side, and his eyes widened slightly at the sight of you. You held your finger up to your lips to tell him to keep quiet. There was law all over the place, you couldn't just break him out.

You followed the wagon until it arrived at the docks. The officers unlocked the back and dragged John out. They were taking him to a large boat.

"What do we do?" You whispered to Sadie.

"There's law all over the place, I don't know if we can do it." She sighed.

John turned slightly, his eyes meeting yours. He shook his head ever so slightly, telling you not to do it. He knew that if you went for it, all three of you would end up dead. They loaded John onto the boat and it started to leave.

"We have to try and follow it up the shore line, maybe we can see a way in." You said, turning to follow the boat. You followed it out of Saint Denis and up the shore line. You stopped when you saw the boat head to the penitentiary. You and Sadie got off your horses and pulled out your binoculars.