27. secrets out

~~~~♛~~~~

"Well well well, he comes the lovebirds

"Well well well, he comes the lovebirds."

Your body tenses at the voice you know as Micahs. You and Dutch stop walking, as you notice him approaching you. He walked with a smug look on his face. Other people at camp slowly made there way over after hearing Micahs comment. As he walked to you, his hands immerse from behind his back, revealing your diary in his hand. Your face turned white.

"You should hide this better Miss. l/n." Micah chuckled. You and Dutch both looked at him, not sure what his next move would be. Arthur came pushing through the crowd and to Micah. "What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"Ah Morgan, nice of you to join us." Micah said rolling his eyes. He walked to the table and hopped up. "I was just about to read the camp a chapter from my new favorite book." Micah continued. Both Javier and Arthur noticed it was your diary. Javier turned his head to look at you, he noticed the worry on your face. Arthur tried to grab the book from Micah, but he moved it away. "Ah ah ah. Sit down cowpoke. You out of everyone know how interesting this gets. At this point the whole camp was around the table, quietly listening. Micah cleared his throat.

"Dutch got me a picture of us for my birthday, although I had to buy the frame. He threw the party for me. I love this man more that words can describe. I just wish I could be public with my feelings."

You closed your eyes as your felt people turn to look at you. You opened them to look at Dutch, to see his reaction. His jaw was clenched as he focused on Micahs words.

"Oh boss, you're gonna love this part." Micah smirked.

"Javier kissed me outside the tailors. I felt so bad turning him down after everything he has done for me. Hell, sometimes I think about what would have happened is he was the one I got involved with. Would I at least get so spend time with him and not have to hide everything? I love Dutch, I just don't know how much longer I can do this."

Micah closed the book at looked down at you and Dutch, with an accomplished look on his face. You eyes traveled to Arthur, who had a sympathetic look, to Javier who looked at you while biting his cheek, back to Dutch who stood there with a blank expression on his face. The camp was completely silent for a moment, no one knowing exactly what to say. Dutch suddenly turned and walked towards the house. He didn't say anything as he opened the doors and walked inside. Your eyes scanned the group again, everyone still looking at you. A tear fell from your eye as you turned to walk towards the dock.

"Y/n." Arthur said from behind you. You shook your head, letting him know you wanted to be alone. You walked toward the water and sat down. You head fell into your hands as your cried. You didn't know what to feel. You wanted people to find out about the relationship, but not like that. You watched as the moonlight glistened on the water as you heard someone approach.

"Arthur, I want to be alone." You said.

"It's not Arthur." You heard an Irish accent say. You turned to see Molly sit down next to you. Your eyes went wide, Molly being the last person you'd expect to come talk to you. It was silent as she tried to figure out exactly what to say.

"I knew it would get out sooner or later." Is all she said. But it wasn't in a snarky tone, she genuinely felt bad.

"I'm so sorry Molly." You said to her.

She sighed. "I was mad at you, at first. Mad is an understatement. But you didn't do anything, it was Dutch. He was getting bored of me before you even showed up. I'm sorry about how it got out."

"He's mad. About the Javier thing." You said sniffling.

"Yeah, but he will get over it. If he loves you like he says, he will. But he's stubborn, you know that, so he will need time." Molly explained.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" You asked.

"I know what it's like to be so in love with that man that he clouds your every thought, it's hard when you have no one to talk to about it." She said. You heard more footsteps approach and Molly turned to see who it was.

"I'm going to leave, have a good night y/n" Molly said getting up. As she walked away, someone else sat next to you. You turned to see Javier.

"Javier..." you started.

"Why didn't you tell me it was Dutch?" He asked, cutting you off.

"You know why." You responded.

He bit his cheek as he looked at the water. "Is it true, what you said about wondering what it would be like if you picked me?" He asked.

"Yeah. For starters this wouldn't of happened. I think everything would have been less complicated." You said, continuing to stare into the distance.

He sighed, and you both sat in silence for a moment. "I'm sorry everyone had to find out like that." He said.

"I'm sorry you had to find out that way." You responded. Tears began to fall down your cheeks again. You lightly leaned your head in Javier shoulder.

"I'm not mad y/n. It might take me a little to warm up to the relationship, but I support you." He said.

"If there is a relationship after this." You said back.

"Dutch would be an idiot to get rid of you over this. If he did, you deserve better anyways." Javier said. Your heart broke to hear his words. You knew how much it must hurt him to say these things.

"We can talk more later, I think you should go get some rest." Javier said. You nodded in agreement.

He helped you stand up and walked with you back to your tent. You felt eyes watch you the entire walk back. "Have a good night." Javier said before walking off.

You collapsed on your bed, your face falling into your pillow. All that was on your mind was how Dutch was going to react, and you would find out the answer in the morning.