43. goodbye

~~~~♛~~~~

You made your way around camp one last time, making sure you grabbed everything you needed before leaving

You made your way around camp one last time, making sure you grabbed everything you needed before leaving. Everyone else was packing as well, except for Micah, who was barking out orders at everyone. You lifted your hand to your forehead, wiping the sweat running down. You head quickly turned to look at the entrance of camp as you saw Arthur riding in. You both looked at eachohter, Arthur furrowing his eyebrows a bit when he noticed you were still there. His attention quickly changed to Micah, who was yelling about there not being much time left to get out of camp.

"We got plenty of time Micah." Arthur spoke up. "We all need to have a little chat."

Everyone around camp stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to Arthur. "I just saw Agent Milton, Dutch." Arthur called out walking towards the center of camp. You watched as Dutch slowly stood up from his chair, taking slight steps towards Arthur.

"Abigail shot him. She's okay, not that you care too much about that." He continued. Arthur quickly looked around camp. "You rats... all of you." He muttered.

No one dared to speak up, your eyes darted between Arthur and Dutch.

Arthur spoke up again. "Seems old Micah was pretty close with Milton."

"What the hell you talking about?" Micah hissed, walking towards Arthur.

"You talked." Arthur said.

"Thats a goddamn lie." Micah responded.

Arthur turned to face Dutch. "Dutch... Milton told me" he trailed off.

"Dutch. Think of the future." Micah said, trying to cut Arthur off.

"It all makes sense now..." Arthur continued.

"No.. it damn well doesn't." Micah replied

You watched Dutch for the entirety of the conversation. He looked between Micah and Arthur as each of them spoke, but then he looked at you. He could see your chest rising as you began to get nervous. He could also see the tears forming in your eyes. "Please." You mouthed to him. Before he could give you a reaction, Arthur and Micah quickly pulled out their guns, pointing them at each other.

"Dutch, think." Arthur said.

"Dutch, be practical now." Micah said right after.

A few moments of silence engulfed camp, until you heard another voice. "Dutch!" Everyone turned to face the entrance of camp. It was John. "He left me! Micah left me to die."

Dutch took slow shallow breathes. He turned to face Micah. "You knew he lived?" He asked, his tone being a mix between a question and a statement.

"Dutch, I didn't have a choice." Micah said, trying to reason with him. 

Everyone throughout camp was shocked, and practically stood frozen, not sure what the next move should be.

"All of you, you pick your sides now, because this is over." Arthur spoke up.

Micah stood tall, with Cleet and Joe close to his sides. His gun still up, never leaving Arthur. One the other side, Ms. Grimshaw and John slowly made their way towards Arthur, solidifying what side they were choosing. Javier and Bill stood back waiting. They were going to remain loyal to Dutch, and were waiting for his move.

You stood right in the middle of the two groups, staring at Dutch. He continued to slowly look between the two groups. He was completely lost in thought. His judgement was being clouded by everything Micah had told him the past few months. He knew that Arthur was right. Arthur had been right all along, but he still couldn't clear his head. The only thing that allowed him to focus, always encouraged him to make the best decisions, was you. 

With this realization, his eyes shot up to meet yours. You let out a little gasp, knowing the next few moments were going to decide the future for you, for Dutch, and for the rest of the gang. Even with no words spoken, there was a sense of understanding between the two of you. His face slightly dropped, as if he was saying sorry for how he had been acting. You quickly looked at Arthur and then back to Dutch, nodding a little bit. Dutch knew what this nod meant. You were telling him which side to choose. You watched as Dutch closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Your eyes followed his hand, which slowly moved to reach for his gun. Just as his hand touch the gun, he stopped moving. He looked back at you, taking one more breath before speaking again.

"Do it y/n. You deserve this." 

Time felt like it froze. Dutch had chosen. But he didn't choose Arthur or Micah, he chose you. He knew you were right, and everything that has happened, all the death, fell on Micah. Arthur and Micah looked at Dutch confused, not knowing what he meant, but you smirked. He was telling you to kill Micah. You deserved being the one to put a stop to him. He was the one who exposed your relationship in the first place, he was the one who clouded Dutch's thoughts, and he was the one who put everyone in this current position. 

You slowly moved your hand to your gun, not wanting to alert Micah. Your eyes stayed glued on him, making sure he didn't make any sudden moves. Arthur watched you out of the corner of his eye. He didn't understand what Dutch had said to you, but he now knew it was about to decide the gangs fate.

In one swift movement you pulled out your gun and shot Micah in his shoulder. Javier and Bill quickly moved behind Cleet and Joe, unarming them before they could do anything. You wanted to kill Micah, just not yet. His gun fell to the ground as he grabbed his shoulder in pain. "You bitch!" 

You keep your gun in your hand as you walk over to Micah. He drops to his knees in pain. "Im going to kill you." he grunts out.

"No, you aren't." you hum out. You crouch down, lifting Micahs chin to make eye contact with him. 

"I have been waiting to do this for a long time. How does it feel to know all the work you put in is going to waste? All the time you spent trying to get rid of Arthur, John, and me, just to get Dutch on your side. Its all been for nothing. Maybe in another world this could end differently, but this is the way it has to go."

You start to stand back up. You look around at everyone, whose eyes are stuck on you. You stop when you get to Dutch. He gives you another nod, giving you the go ahead. 

You slowly raise your gun at Micah. Once in position, you turn your head and close your eyes. Even though this is something you've wanted for a long time, you didn't want to watch. You took one last deep breath.

"Goodbye Micah"