39. doubt

~~~~♛~~~~

You wandered around camp, trying to figure out what to do with your time

You wandered around camp, trying to figure out what to do with your time. Dutch and Arthur had gone out to do something with the Indian Reservation they had been helping with. You spotted Javier sitting at the table tuning his guitar.

"Hey stranger." You said pulling up a chair.

"Hey y/n." he said with a slight smile.

"You wanna go do something? I'm bored and I feel like we haven't had a proper talk in a while." You asked him.

He sat and thought for a moment. "How about we go fishing? I haven't been for a long time and it doesn't look like Pearson is going to cook us anything."

"Yeah, anything to get me out of here." You responded. You both stood up. Javier went to collect his fishing rods as you walked to the horses. He met you there and you rode out of camp. You didn't go far, just down the river a little bit. You hopped of the horses and got set up. Javier handed you one of his rods, and some crickets for bait.

"Remember, I cant fish for shit." You said, throwing the line into the water.

"You gotta have confidence y/n!" He responded with a laugh. You didn't want to ruin the mood, but you really wanted to see where Javier's head was at with everything going on.

"So, what do you think happens next?" You asked him. The carefree look quickly dropped off his face.

"Dutch is going to figure out how to get money, and we are getting the hell out of here." He responded.

"I don't want anyone else to die." You said.

Javier turned to look at you. "Do you doubt him?"

"No of course not Javier. I just don't trust Micah."

"Yeah well, he's always been a pain in my ass, but Dutch seems to trust him, so we should too."

You didn't want to push him any further. You just wanted to enjoy the time with your friend. "No more serious stuff. How about you show me how to actually catch a fish, gotta feed camp somehow.

You and Javier fished for a few hours, laughing and telling stories of your childhood. You almost felt a sense of normalcy, like the old days. So much has changed since you and Javier first became friends. You joked with him about his crush he had, making him blush and threaten to leave you to fish by yourself. He didn't do that of course.

Once you collected a good amount of fish, you decided to head back to camp. You enjoyed your last few seconds away from everyone before you entered camp again. You both took the fish over to Pearsons table, knowing damn well you would have to cook them because he wasn't going to.