24. mrs. callahan

~~~~♛~~~~

"Wake up."

You jolted awake. Arthur stood at the base of your bed laughing at your scared appearance.

"Arthur what the hell!" You yelled.

"You should see your face right now." He said, still laughing. You rolled your eyes at him. "What do you want?"

"Dutch wants us to meet Trelawny in Saint Denis, something for that boat thing." Arthur said.

It had been a few days since the party. You hadn't left camp to do anything recently, but Dutch told you about this job he wanted you to go on for a "womanly touch", whatever the hell that meant.

"Give me a few minutes and I'll meet you at the horses." You said rolling over in your bed. Arthur chuckled before walking off. You groaned before putting your boots and gun belt on. You walked into camp and looked around to see what everyone was doing. You noticed Dutch sitting on the porch of the house, and Micah talking to him about something. Micah had been telling him about a bunch of jobs he heard about and had just been spending more time with him. Not that you would ever tell Dutch, but you didn't trust Micah, at all.

You put it in the back of your head and met Arthur by the horses. You both mounted up and headed out. On the ride to Saint Denis, you asked Arthur about Micah, as you didn't know to much about him. Apparently you aren't the only one who doesn't trust the man.

You arrived at the spot Dutch told you to meet Trelawny. You spotted him reading a newspaper. "Ah, there you are."

"Here we are." Arthur responded.

"We are going to need you both to get smartened up a bit." He said while looking at both yours and Arthur attire.

"What?" You asked.

"You can't play at the tables on the Lannahechee River looking like this." Trelawny said. He turned and started walking into the tailor. You and Arthur shared a worried glance before following him in.

"Ah, welcome back miss. How can I help you?" The clerk asked recognizing you.

"My friends here need a nice suit and dress." Trelawny answered. The man handed you and Arthur the catalog. "I'll pick yours, you pick mine." You said to Arthur.

"Fine, but don't make me look like an idiot." He said sternly.

You flipped through the pages and picked out a suit with black pants, a grey coat, and a blue vest. He picked out a navy dress for you. You both went back and put on the outfits. Trelawny looked at you both as you walked out from the back. "Y/n dear, you look lovely. Arthur, I think we should stop by the barber."