40. what now

~~~~♛~~~~

"Look up ahead, it's one of them

"Look up ahead, it's one of them." You said, finally speaking up. You saw one of the men from earlier riding towards you, clearly injured.

"You alright son?" Dutch asked.

"Eagle Flies. He needs help. They all need help." The man said.

"Somebody help him." Charles said.

"No go, please hurry. I'll be fine." The man pleaded.

"Come on!" Dutch yelled as everyone picked up spreed again.

You rode with worry on your face. Worry about the men at the oil field, worry about what was going to happen after this. You noticed Arthur looking at Dutch, his head then turning to look at you. His face was matching yours, worry.

Everyone slowed down as you approached the oil field. The building was up in flames. "It's a massacre." Charles said looking through his binoculars.

"You coming Arthur?" Dutch asked, almost sarcastically.

"I'm going to help Eagle Flies, you go distract them." Arthur answered.

"Have it your way. Meet up at the factory. Everyone else with me." Dutch said riding off.

You sat still for a moment, not sure what to do.

"Go with him y/n. Please." Arthur pleaded.

You nodded, taking off behind Dutch. Everyone followed except Charles and Sadie, who stayed with Arthur. You were glad that they were their to help him.

Once at the factory, everyone got off their horses and got there weapons out.

"Here. Use this" Dutch said, handing you a shotgun. You nodded at him. He put a hand on your shoulder, noticing the worry in your eyes. It was his way of comforting you, and it worked. He quickly removed his hand, "let's do this." He said.

Everyone ran to cover, you hiding down behind a wagon. Javier joined you behind the wagon. You shot and shot, soldiers continuously pouring out from all directions. It felt as if they would never stop. You kept and eye on Dutch, who looked like he was planning something in his head as he fired. Javier kept shooting you looks, to make sure you were okay.

It felt as if hours passed, never putting your gun down for a break. You looked around, eyes landing on all the bodies laying on the ground. Your mind went back to Dutch. How were you supposed to stay on his side when these were his plans? You wanted to stay with him, but you weren't sure if you could do it much longer. You were snapped back into reality by the sound of Sadie's voice. "Move up!"

A quick feeling of relief washed over you as you saw Arthur run around the the side of the building.

"Come on, let's finish this!" John yelled.

With the group together, the shooting finally slowed down. You looked over to see Dutch and Arthur arguing, again. You watched as they stood up and walked into the building.

"Everyone get out of here!" Dutch yelled.

"I'm staying here." Charles said.

"Me too." You spoke.

Dutch's eyes shot to you. "As you wish."

Dutch and Arthur headed inside, you Charles, and Eagle Flies staying outside. Charles and Eagle Flies were discussing what happened, and all of the men, but you stayed silent, watching the door Arthur and Dutch entered. It was silent for a while, and then the three of you heard gun fire in the building. You quickly stood, getting reading to go inside, but Charles stopped you. "Don't. I cant have you getting hurt too."

Suddenly, the door opened, and Dutch walked out. Arthur wasn't behind him. "Where is he?" Charles asked. Dutch didn't say anything. Eagle Flies quickly got up and ran inside. You stood and walked over to Dutch. "What happened?" You asked. He just looked at you. You tried to search his eyes, for an answer, for anything really, but they were blank.

You quickly turned you head as Arthur came out of the building, Eagle Flies arm over his shoulder. He had been shot, in the stomach.

"We need to go." Dutch said.

Arthur just stared at him. "You... you ran away."

"I did no such thing." Dutch responded. "Don't be a fool, they could be back here any minute."

Dutch started gloating about the money you all now had. "I've got to take the boy to his father." Arthur said, dismissing everything Dutch was saying.

"Everyone get out of here, this ain't gonna be nice." Arthur said.

"Be safe." You said to him. He responded with a nod.

You mounted your horse, following Dutch back to camp.

It was silent at first, both you and Dutch trying to figure out what to say.

"This is good for us y/n. We have money now. We can all get out of here." He finally spoke.

You sighed. "All of us?"

He looked at you and raised an eyebrow.

You continued. "It feels like there's a split between everyone. I don't want anyone to be left behind."

He thought for a moment. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

You responded, "yes." But you weren't sure that was entirely true.

"I've done everything I can to keep you safe. And I will continue to do that. Although some people have turned against me, I still plan on keeping them safe." He explained.

You gave him a slight nod, really taking the time to soak up what he was saying. The rest of the ride was silent. Once you arrived in camp, Dutch walked directly over to his tent where Micah was waiting for him. You turned and walked towards your tent, not wanting to deal with him. You took you boots off and laid down with a big sigh.

What now?