5. anastasia

~~~~♛~~~~

It had been a few day since the shopping trip, and everything seemed calm around camp

It had been a few day since the shopping trip, and everything seemed calm around camp. Arthur, Bill, Javier, and Charles ended up getting in a fight at the saloon in Valentine one night, you weren't surprised. Arthur also brought back Reverend Swanson from wherever he was laying getting drunk. Besides that, not much had been happening with the gang.

You were sitting on your bed, reading a book Mary-Beth let you borrow when you looked up to see Dutch approaching you. Something about the man made you very nervous whenever you had an interaction. You didn't know why, maybe it was just the way he went about himself, or the way his eye contact lingered longer with you than anyone else in camp.

"Miss l/n, what are you reading?" Dutch asked leaning up against a tree.

"Some romance Mary-Beth let me borrow. I don't know anything about romance, but it seems silly to me." You responded closing the book.

"Why's that?" He asked.

"Well, I guess I don't understand how you could have such strong feelings for someone that they became your thoughts all day and all night. I've seen some very handsome men, but none I haven't forgotten about after a few nights." You explained.

"It can happen Miss l/n" Dutch chuckled. "I'm sure one day you'll get to experience it."

"Maybe, if the right person comes along." You said. You looked up to see Dutch looking at you intensely. He quickly looked away and you smirked.

"I came over to ask if you would take a ride with me, maybe you could show me how well you can shoot?" Dutch asked.

"Yeah that would be great." You said with a smile. You looked around for the moment. "Does anyone have a horse I can borrow? Mine died up in the mountains and I haven't managed to get a new one." You said.

"Ride with me, we can stop at the stable on our way." He said.

You stood up and followed him over to his horse. He was a beautiful white Arabian named "the count". Dutch got on and held his hand down to help you on.  You slowly wrapped your arms around Dutch. You were glad he couldn't see you blushing.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

You responded with a simple "yep."

With that, you were riding out of camp. It felt nice to finally be on a horse rather than a wagon. The cool breeze hit your face and you shut your eyes, taking in the spring air. You were quickly brought out of your trance when you felt Dutch lightly place on of his hands over yours, which were wrapped around him. His other had stayed on the reigns to guide The Count. A big smile grew on your face.