11. moving, again

~~~~♛~~~~

You were sitting and chatting with the girls when Arthur came over to greet you

You were sitting and chatting with the girls when Arthur came over to greet you. "Sorry to interrupt, could I borrow y/n?" He asked.

You stood up and walk over to him. "What's up?" You asked.

"Dutch wants me and Charles to go look at a place to lie low Micah told him about, want to tag along? You did so good with Cornwalls boys that I think you should come with us, just to be safe." Arthur said.

"Yeah sounds great, let's go." You said walking over to your horse. Charles was already mounted up and you began to head out.

"So where are we going?" Charles asked following Arthur.

"Find a new place to camp. We're packing up and moving on." Arthur responded.

"Again?" Charles asked.

"We have to, and fast. We already pushed our luck too far before we made that mess in Valentine." Arthur told him.

"Ah, that didn't sound to good." Charles said.

"Killed a lot of Law, killed a lot of Cornwalls people. Y/n did really good, a better shot than half the people at camp." Arthur joked.

The conversation continued until you arrived at a place called Dewberry Creek. It was very open, you weren't sure how you felt about it.

"Hey I see something over there." Charles called out. You all went over to investigate the body laying on the ground.

"He's been shot, looks like trouble got here before us." Arthur said.

"There's a camp just up ahead." Charles said looking forward. The three of you walked towards the camp, guns drawn incase of trouble. You still had Dutch's gun, never had the chance to give it back to him.

You made your way into the camp and didn't see anyone.

"Let's have a look around and make sure no ones here." Charles suggested. You began looking in tents for any sign of someone. You were still checking tents when you heard a commotion coming from up where Arthur and Charles were. You walked towards them to see them moving crates. As you arrived, you saw a mother and two children hiding.

"It's alright, you can come out of there." Charles said to them. "We don't mean you no harm."

They slowly made their way out of the their hiding place and looked at the three of you terrified. "Are you okay?" Arthur asked.

"Sprechen sie Deutsch?" The women asked.

Arthur and Charles looked at each other.

"Ja, geht es dir gut?" (Yes, are you okay?) you said looking at the woman. Arthur and Charles looked at you in disbelief.

"Sie haben unseren Vater mitgenommen" (they took our father.) The young girl responded.

"Wohin haben sie ihn gebracht?" (Where did they take him?) you asked her.

She pointed away from the camp.

"What's wrong?" Charles asked.

"Someone took their father." You responded.

"Who?"he asked.

"I don't know, but we have to go find him, she pointed that way, cmon." You said walking to your horse.

"Why? It ain't no business of ours." Arthur said. You glared are him. "Don't act like that, let's go."

Arthur rolled his eyes but agreed. You all started to ride towards the direction the girl pointed.

"So when were we gonna learn you knew German?" Arthur asked.

"There's a lot you don't know about me Mr. Morgan." You responded.

"I can see that." He chuckled.

"My dad was German, I learned the language from a young age." You told the pair.

Charles tracked a group of horses to a camp a little while away. You got off your horse when you saw a man tied up on the ground. As you started to untie him, three men came into camp shooting at you. The three of you shot everyone who was arriving at camp. Once cleared, you continued to untie the man.

"This is a good camp, much easier to defend compared to the last one." Charles spoke up.

"Danke!" The man yelled standing up.

"This place works good. Charles, stay here and make sure no one else comes back. Y/n go get Dutch and everyone and tell them to come here. I'll take our friend here back to his family." Arthur explained. You nodded and hopped on Anastasia and rode back to camp.

Once arriving you hitched your horse and made you way over to Dutch. Molly was standing outside his tent, but you had no time to spare her a glance.

"Dutch, we found a spot, Arthur and Charles are there now." You said to him.

He closed his book. "Perfect." He exited his tent and gathered everyone around. "Make sure you have everything, we're heading out in a few minutes!" He yelled. Everyone rushed to get their things. You went over to you bed and grabbed your things before putting them in a wagon. Dutch approached you as you finished packing up.

"You were such a good travel partner last time, would you like to join me on the wagon again?" He asked.

You smiled. "Of course."

You made you way over to the first wagon. Dutch hopped on first and held his hand down to help you up. "Okay everyone, let's move!" He yelled before heading out of camp.

"Only a few short weeks with us, and were already on our second move. Maybe your bad luck." Dutch joked with you.

"I can leave if you think that would be better?" You joked back.

"No way, we need you. I need you." He whispered. You smiled and rolled your eyes. You looked down to see the gun in your holster. "Here, I never gave this back to you." You said to Dutch handing his gun back.

"Keep it, you do it more justice than I do." He said with a smirk. You smiled putting the gun back.

You quickly arrived at camp. "You were right. This place will be perfect for us." Dutch said to you looking at the new camp. "Hello Arthur, Charles." He said looking at the pair sitting on the ground.

He hopped off the wagon and watched as everyone else rolled in. "Miss Grimshaw, Mr. Pearson, put everyone to work. Let's make this place a home."

You watched as Dutch took in the new camp and you smiled, you enjoyed seeing him excited. You were quickly snatched up my Miss Grimshaw to help set up camp. You were ready to see how long it would take before you would have to move again.