32. they need to pay

~~~~♛~~~~

You rode into town, your mind buzzing with thoughts

You rode into town, your mind buzzing with thoughts. Since your conversation with Dutch, you have picked up on more and more weird behavior from him, just like Arthur said. You tried to think about what could have changed in him, and when it happened. You thought about the failed trolly robbery, and how hard he hit his head. He never went to get it checked out.

You then thought about Hosea. Him and Dutch built the gang together, and they were best friends. The death hit him harder than anyone else. Charles said he noticed something changed in Dutch as soon as Hosea got shot. your heart ached as you thought of Hosea again. You missed his help reasoning with Dutch.

Also since the conversation with Dutch, Arthur and Charles had gone out and found another camp. It was called Beaver Hollow and was up by Annesburg. They cleared out the locals and saved a woman who was trapped there. Ever since the move, everyone in camp was on edge. You hopped getting John back would help, but who knows how Dutch will react.

You arrived at the saloon Sadie told you to meet her. You hitched Anastasia and walked in. You saw Sadie standing at the bar with a drink in hand. You walked up and asked the bartender for a drink.

"So what's your plan here?" you asked leaning against the bar.

She smiled. "I told you, hot air balloon."

"I didn't think you were serious!" you said choking on your drink a bit. "Where did you even find one?"

"I have my ways." she said taking another swig of her drink. The doors of the saloon swung open and Arthur walked in.

"Ladies." he greeted you with a cough.

"Any problems coming in?" Sadie asked.

"Nah." Arthur responded.

"Guess they know now we ain't in the city." Sadie said with a chuckle.

"Theres been patrols every since you boys left the city." you explained. "Well, at least you aint dead."

"Not yet." Arthur responded.

The three of you started to walk out of the saloon and to your horses. Arthur and Sadie talked about everything that happened, while you sat back quietly. Your mind was focused on finding John.

"So, what's the plan here?" Arthur asked.

"I figured before we do anything, we need to make sure Johns even still at this prison." Sadie explained.

"And how do we do that?" Arthur continued asking questions.

"We need to get up high enough to get a proper look at the place." Sadie continued.