4. shopping trip

~~~~♛~~~~

The next morning you sat and chatted with the girls while helping them do chores

The next morning you sat and chatted with the girls while helping them do chores. You heard Arthur talking to Uncle about going into town, which got the girls excited. They all got up and walked over to Arthur.

"If your gonna take the old man into town, mind taking us too?" Karen asked him.

"Why what do you got planned?" He asked.

"Nothing, we'll find something for y'all to do, we always do." Karen responded.

"Come on them." Arthur said.

"You coming y/n?" Tilly asked looking back. You thought for a moment.

"We'll get you some new clothes, cmon." Arthur said waving you over.

You chuckled. "Okay fine."

You all piled into the back of the wagon. You were headed to a small livestock town named Valentine. You've been there a few times throughout your travels, but never stayed long enough to know of any business opportunities.

"Why don't you girls sing us a song?" Uncle asked. The girls broke out in song, while you stayed quiet but hummed along.

As you were riding to town, you saw a mans wagon go crazy, and his horses got lose. Arthur got down and went to get his horse that ran off. All the girls cheered as he brought the horse back.

"If you lot wouldn't of been here, I probably would have robbed him." Arthur said getting back on the wagon. Everyone chuckled.

"Well you didn't!" Mary-Beth responded.

You finally arrived at Valentine. Everyone was taking in the civilization and were grateful they weren't on the mountain anymore. Arthur parked the wagon down by the stables. Everyone got out of the wagon. The girls went to find some business.

"The general store will have clothes, cmon I'll buy you something." Arthur said.

You followed him and uncle to the store. When you entered, you walked over to the counter to look through the catalog. You flipped through the pages, not even looking at the dress section. You had a lot of respect for girls who could wear dresses all the time, you couldn't stand them. You found a pair of brown pants and a blue blouse.

"You can go into the back there and try it on if you'd like." The clerk said to you.

You took the clothes to the back and but them on. The pants fit perfectly, hugging you body nicely. You knew the pants would get guys to stare, but you didn't mind the attention. You put the blouse on and looked in the mirror. You smiled, stepping out of the back of the store. Arthur, Uncle, and the store clerk all turned to face you. Their eyes hovered for a moment taking in the outfit.