3. you ever been in love?

~~~~♛~~~~

You walk outside to see everyone putting their things in wagons

You walk outside to see everyone putting their things in wagons. You came with absolutely nothing so you had nothing to pack up. You were ready to get out of the snow and be able to go buy new clothes.

"We got money in our pockets, the worst is behind us, so the question is where now?" Dutch said talking Hosea.

"I know a place. Horseshoe Overlook near Valentine." Hosea responded.

"Well then let's go." He points to one of the wagons. "Arthur, your in that one. Take Hosea. I know you two like to talk about the good old days and what's gone wrong with old Dutch."

Dutch looked over to you. You were still standing by the cabin not sure where to go. He walked over to you. He was close enough that you could smell the cigars and cologne. "Miss l/n, would you do the honor of riding with me?" He asked with a smirk.

"Sure" you smiled. As he turned around you felt your face turn red, you hoped no one saw. He stepped up on the wagon and held his hand down for you to get on. You sat down next to him, your legs slightly touching. You tried to scoot over to give him room, but he just widened his legs more so the one was still pressed up against yours. You looked over to him to see a smile on his face, but he didnt look at you.

"Okay everyone, let's head out!" Dutch yelled before the wagon started to move.

"So Miss l/n, how are you fitting in with everyone?" Dutch asked keeping his eyes on the trail in front of him.

"Pretty good, well despite Micah." You said. He chuckled.

"Micah comes off strong at first, but he's a good man." Dutch responded.

The ride continued, you told Dutch about how you got stranded on the Grizzlies. You tried to see his side of the story about Blackwater, but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it.

"Lenny! Micah!" Dutch yelled. The two men rode up beside the wagon. "You two ride ahead and make sure there's no surprises." Dutch asked them.

"Come on kid." Micah said before taking off, Lenny following behind him.

"I feel bad for the kid." Dutch said watching them ride off.

"Why?" You asked.

"We just lost young Jenny. You could tell he was sweet on her. It's hard to lose someone you love." Dutch said looking down. You could tell something about that hurt him, but you didn't want to pry.

"I know what it's like to lose family, but not a partner." You said to him.

"You've never been in love?" Dutch asked looking at you.

"Never had the time I guess." You respond. "I'm guessing you have?" You asked him. He let out a hearty laugh. "Maybe after a few beers you'll get some stories out of me." He said. You laughed. "I'm pretty good at getting people to open up." You responded.

You looked down at your legs again. Dutch still had his lightly pressed against yours. You pressed your leg into his harder, giving yourself more room. "Sorry, uncomfortable." You said to him. He smirked.

You continued to talk until you arrived at the location Hosea described. Dutch hopped down off the wagon and reached his hand up to let you down. He took in the view with a smile. As the last wagon pulled in, Dutch walked over to greet Hosea.

"You weren't wrong Hosea, this place is perfect." Dutch told him.

"I hope so." Hosea responded.

Dutch called everyone over to talk to them. "I know things have been tough, but we are safe now, and we are far to poor. So it is time for everyone to get to work."

Everyone nodded while listening to him. "It is time for everyone to earn their keep." Dutch added.

Miss Grimshaw came up to you. "Miss l/n, I have your bed with the girls."

"Thank you so much." You said to her.

Dutch walked up behind you. "Once your settled, come over and see me, we can talk about what you can do for us." He said. You nodded.

You walked over to your spot and sat down for a moment. You eyes looked across the entire camp, and took everything in. It felt weird to be a part of a group. After a few moments of resting, you walked over to Dutch's tent. He was sitting in his bed, and a red headed lady was standing next to him. Molly her name was?

Dutch greeted you as you walked in. "Miss O'Shea, can you excuse us a moment?" Dutch asked her. She raised and eyebrow, but then left. Dutch patted a spot next to him, asking you to sit down. "I don't want you to feel pressured to stay with us, but I also don't want you to feel pressured to go. Whatever you want to do is fine, but we are more than happy to have you join us." He smiled.

"Thank you Dutch. I have no where to go, this is the first time I've talk to people in a while, i like it." You responded.

"I'm glad you said that." He said. You looked into his eyes. He still had that mischievous look in his eyes that you just couldn't read, but it gave you butterflies every time. He smirked before standing up. "So Miss l/n, what can you do?" He asked.

"What can I do?" You asked him back.

"Yeah, if your part of this gang, you need to earn your keep, so what can you do?" He explained.

"Well, I can do a lot. Because I had to learn to live on my own, I learned to hunt, shoot, rob if I got to. I can do anything you need me to do." You told him.

"That's good to know. Maybe soon we can go out and you can show me some of those shooting skills." He winked. You blushed looking away.

"Dutch can we talk?" Hosea asked stepping into the tent.

You smiled at both Dutch and Hosea before stepping out of the tent. You talked over to where all the girls were. You sat down with them.

"Hey y/n!" Mary-Beth greeted you.

"Hey guys" you said with a smile. "So, tell me about all the drama around here."