25. told you so

~~~~♛~~~~

Camp was quiet

Camp was quiet. It had been a few days since the boat robbery, and things had been quite hectic, to say the least. Kieran had passed. You were talking with Dutch and Arthur when it all happened. A horse started to ride in with his body. The scene was quite horrific, which is why no one knew exactly what they were looking at until Mary-Beth yelled out that it was Kieran. The camp then broke out in a shootout as O'Driscolls made their way in. The camp was able to hold them off thanks to Arthur, Sadie, and Charles taking most of the heat. Kieran was taken away to be buried. Ever since everyone's been quiet.

Kieran was a good person. Some of the members still didn't trust him, but you knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt the gang. You also knew Mary-Beth and him had gotten close. This hurt her more than anyone. She didn't make it public, but you could tell she was hurting.

Before all of that happened, Dutch was telling you and Arthur about a trolly station to rob in Saint Denis. He said Bronte told him about it. You voiced your opinion about not trusting him, but Dutch wanted to do it anyways.

You heard someone step into your tent, and you turned to see Dutch. "Are you ready?"

"Dutch, are you sure about this? I really think there's something off about Bronte." You told him.

"He hasn't giving me a reason not to trust him." Dutch responded.

You raised an eyebrow. "He made John and Arthur do his dirty work just so we could get Jack back."

He chuckled at your sassy remark. "Trust me y/n. Now let's going, Arthur and Lenny are waiting."

You sighed before following him to the horses. Arthur and Lenny were already in town so you had to meet them there. You rode out and followed Dutch.

"This is nice, we don't get much alone time." Dutch hummed.

"That's because we have to stay a secret." You said in a sour tone. Dutch huffed, but didn't say anything. He didn't want either of you to be upset before the job. You rode into Saint Denis and hitched your horses. You followed Dutch back into an ally where Lenny and Arthur were sitting on some crates. Dutch started explaining that the gang needed money, so you could get out of there.

"We made a bit of money on that riverboat job, but not enough for us to leave and live peacefully." Arthur said to him. "Where are we getting the rest of the money?"

"In there." Dutch said pointing to the trolly station.

"So we are gonna rob the place?" Arthur asked. He knew that you didn't like the idea of it and wanted to talk to Dutch about it, so he thought it wouldn't be happening.