34. downfall

~~~~♛~~~~

The small boat pulled up on the shore of the island

The small boat pulled up on the shore of the island. You, Arthur and Sadie all slowly got out of the boat and hid behind a small pile of dirt. You all took a moment to look around, not having a clear plan on how you were going to get John out of there.

"Lets head to that watchtower" Sadie whispered, pointing out into the distance. You took the lead and slowly made your way to the tower. As you made your way over, you noticed the guard at the top of the tower. You stopped moving and turned to face Arthur and Sadie.

"Stay here. I'll deal with him" you whispered. They both nodded and found something to hide behind. You finished making your way over to the tower, and slowly started to climb the ladder, as your head peaked over the top, you found yourself looking at the back of a guard. You finished climbing the ladder as silently as you could, and pulled out your knife. You quickly downed the man without him making a sound. You looked back down to where Sadie and Arthur were and waved them up.

They both made their way up the ladder and pulled out binoculars. "Alright, where's John?" Sadie asked.

"Hey... I think I see him." Arthur started. "Theres a group in front of that barn, just to our right.

"Ah yeah. I see two guards. Okay, take them out and lets go get our boy." Sadie said.

With that, Arthur shot down the two guards rather quickly. As soon as the shots were fired, the prisoners started to run.

"Wait shit, I don't know if that was John." Sadie spoke up.

"Lets go over there and see." Arthur said walking towards the ladder. The three of you made your way over to the field, seeing one of the Guards still alive. "You know John Marston?" Sadie asked him pulling her gun out. He played their groaning in pain. "H-he ain't working today."

Your head shot over at the sound of a mans voice walking towards Sadie. "Put the gun down lady." He said. You let out a slight smirk when you saw Arthur step behind him, holding up his revolver to the mans head. "No, You put the gun down." Arthur said. The man quickly listened Arthur grabbed ahold of the man and asked him about John.

"He aint in the work detail." the man said, with fear in his voice.

"Well I guess we will have to go get him then." Arthur said forcing the man to walk forward towards the main gate. Arthur continued asking the man questions while you and Sadie dealt with any guards getting in your way. Once you got to the gate, Arthur started yelling at the guards to bring John out, telling them that he would kill the the guard if they didn't release him. Your eyes moved to the gate when you saw John in his black and white striped uniform shuffle to the gate. The door opened and John walked out. "Hey you three." He said with a sigh of relief. You walked over and shot the chains from between his feet. With that, the four of you turned and started to run for it, and shots began to be fired in your direction.