26. lovebirds

~~~~♛~~~~

Camp had been on edge since the failed trolley station robbery

Camp had been on edge since the failed trolley station robbery. Dutch had made it clear he believed Bronte had to be killed before you could move on and rob the bank. Hosea has also made it clear that he thought that plan was foolish. But you know Dutch, he doesn't take no for an answer.

Him and Arthur had gone out to come up with a plan to get rid of Bronte, but you had no desire to be involved. You killed when you had to, and despite Dutch's plan, you didn't think killing the man was necessary.

You were sitting under a tree right outside camp when you heard footsteps approaching. You turn to see Hosea greeting you with a smile. He sat down next to you and sighed.

"What's wrong Hosea?" You said noticing the exhaustion in his eyes.

"I can't get Dutch off the idea of killing Bronte. We need to get out of here, and drawing more attention to ourselves will make it harder." Hosea explained. You looked at him with sympathetic eyes.

"Listen y/n. I know about you and Dutch." Hosea started. You looked at him wide eyed. Who would have told him?

"Anyone with eyes can see he acts different towards you." He chuckled. "And I've know Dutch for years, I can tell when he has his eyes on a lady."

You rubbed your neck as Hosea talked. "I could tell from the second you got here, Dutch seemed somewhat happier. I told him not to mess around with you, but he never listens. What you do is your choice y/n. He obviously isn't listening to me, so do you think you could try and talk to him? He's stubborn so it probably won't work, but it's worth a shot."

You finally spoke up. "Of course. He knows I'm not keen on it either, but I'll try and bring it up again."

"Thank you y/n." Hosea smiled. Both your heads turned as you heard a twig snap behind you. It was Dutch.

"Look at you two." Dutch said.

"Camp was getting stuffy with all those fools, sometimes we need a break." Hosea replied.

"That I can agree with my friend." Dutch laughed. "Hosea, Could you excuse me and Miss. l/n?"

"Not a problem." Hosea grunted standing up. He gave you a quick look before walking back in the direction of camp. Dutch sat down so he was behind you, and pulled you back to rest on his chest. "So were you and Hosea talking about what has gone wrong with me?" Dutch asked.

"Nothing like that Dutch." You replied.

He ran his fingers through your hair slowly as you rested your head back. You didn't get much time alone, so you were going to take advantage of this time. A few minutes of comfortable silence passed before Dutch spoke up again. "We should go out and do something, like a proper date."